diy solar

diy solar

Can I plug an Allpowers R600 generator into a Bluetti AC180 that is plugged into AC plus a solar panel?

dkistner1111

Both generators have UPS function. I don’t understand much of anything about solar setups, but I have a 200-watt solar panel hooked directly to the Bluetti AC180 (NOT tied to the grid) through the wall and into my kitchen, plus the Bluetti is also plugged into an AC wall socket. Bluetti tells me that the solar input will be dominant as long as there is solar power coming in in sufficient quantity, but then it will draw/recharge from the wall socket.

I also have the R600 that I got free that I’d like to use somehow. What would make the most sense is to keep it on the same shelf with the Bluetti because that’s where my “appliance station” is located. But I only have the one solar cable coming into the house. Rather than trying to do a separate hookup to another portable 100w panel for the R600, I’d rather focus on upping the solar to the Bluetti AC180 to its maximum 500w and stick the 100w panel in our truck for use on trips or for emergencies.

All I am using my generators for on a regular basis is to run small kitchen appliances, not all at the same time, most of which are rated higher than the R600 can handle. But I do have a dehydrator that will run on the R600. I mainly just want to be able to capture as much solar energy as I can afford to and put it to work.

If it would not be safe to plug the R600 directly into an AC output on the AC180, is it possible to split the solar input cable inside the house so both generators can be plugged into what hopefully will be a more powerful solar array down the road?

I’m terrified I’m going to blow something up….

Ok I'm still sleepy so maybe I'm reading this wrong but I think your asking can you plug a ups into a ups like this :

AC outlet > first ups > second ups > loads your wanting to run.

The answer is yes.

As for solar cables being shared?

No.

Each ones needs its own solar cable from whatever panels you have outside. They can't share a single panel or array since the way the mppt controllers work will conflict. If its two pwm type controllers then yes they can share the inputs but I imagine those are mppt. The manual will say what they are.

Ok I'm still sleepy so maybe I'm reading this wrong but I think your asking can you plug a ups into a ups like this :

The answer is yes.

No.

Each ones needs its own solar cable from whatever panels you have outside. They can't share a single panel or array since the way the mppt controllers work will conflict. If its two pwm type controllers then yes they can share the inputs but I imagine those are mppt. The manual will say what they are.
Just found your answer, Crowz, after all this time. I've been caught up in that bewildering learning curve thing. I appreciate your answering me, and I'm going to try the first thing.

The answer is yes.

No.

This fellow has "
"

"1 SOLAR PANEL to 2 SOLAR CHARGERS"​

Connected, and it seems to work, albiet, they to swop over in intervals. But worth considering, and it demonstrates it can be done

Back