diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200-How to connect to shore power

debalbert15

I have several questions about my electrical system. I am a complete novice concerning electricity but have spent many hours trying to figure it all out. I am using a Bluetti AC200 and will be charging it mainly by shore power although I have two suitcase 120W solar panels as well. We are mainly warm weather campers and like to travel for 4-6 weeks at a time. We will mainly stay at campsites with power but want the option of boondocking. Our 12V load includes MaxxAire Fan, small Sirocco fan, 2 reading lights, 8 led puck lights, Indel TB51A fridge, 3 USB outlets and a water pump. Our 110V load is 4 outlets for laptops, induction burner and very rarely a space heater. We will only use the heater and induction burner when plugged into shore power. I want to hardwire everything (except fridge,heater and induction burner). I have purchased this distribution panel and think I understand the 12V side pretty well. I am using 12AWG stranded marine grade wire to connect all the 12V appliances to the fuse box except for the puck lights where I am using 14AWG. I am planning on using the 12V/25A aviation plug/cord and cut off the ends of the XT60 cord to connect to the DC side of the distribution panel. I’ve installed a shore power inlet Marinco Power Inlet and attached marine grade 10/3 AWG Ancor Marine Grade 10 AWG, Triplex to it. I have a 30amp shore power cord with a 15amp adaptor.

My questions concern how to hook up the Bluetti to shore power and to the AC side of the distribution panel.
  1. According to Explorist Life shore power comes into the van and powers the inverter. The inverter powers the Distribution Panel/Breaker box and the Distribution panel powers the 110V outlets. I don’t have a separate inverter but I am assuming the shore power has to come in and plug into the Bluetti. Then wire the Bluetti to the AC side. Is that correct?
  2. How do I connect incoming shore power to the Bluetti? Do I connect the 10/3AWG wire to a female plug then simply plug the Bluetti AC Charging brick in?
  3. What size and how many breakers do I need? I have 30A shore power coming in and then will have 4 110V outlets (2 for laptops, 1 for space heater, 1 for induction burner) Links to products would be helpful. I am thinking one 20 AMP circuit breaker for the space heater, one 20 AMP circuit breaker for the induction burner and two 15 AMP circuit breakers for the laptops. Is this correct? (I am using 10/3 AWG wire).

I have researched the electrical extensively but these are a few of the questions I have not seen answers to. I want to go the extra mile (and dollar) to ensure safety. I just keep getting muddled!

Your Bluetti doesn’t have wiring terminals, and the outlets are too small to support that panel... but if you only use light loads on the panel, and plug the burner into the bluetti dierectly, then attach the shore power cord to the bluetti charger, everything should be ok.
You will need an appliance cord plugged into the bluetti connected to the ac side of the panel, and then connect the dc loads, and feed to the dc side of the panel.
Should be ok from there.

Back