diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 issue with panels not charging unit - please help!

solarnoms

Hello everyone!

This is an odd one, so thank you in advance for any help!

I have a Bluetti ac200, and 3 120w foldable solar panels.

All the settings are correct, and the panels are working great in series. Then, seemingly without cause, the panels quit working. Full sun, was getting around 235w one minute, then 0w and 0 volts. It's like they are completely disconnected.

I've tried turning the unit off and on again, switched settings back and forth in an attempt to reset whatever isn't working. I've rearranged the order of panels, connected them one and two at a time to see if they at least have volts, but nope. The issue seems to be with the bluetti ac200 itself, but I'm out of ideas.

Thank you again!

The panels may be disconnected. The PV input plugs on some of these power packs are known to be not of the best quality. You could try jiggling the connection area if see if your get any change.

The panels may be disconnected. The PV input plugs on some of these power packs are known to be not of the best quality. You could try jiggling the connection area if see if your get any change.
All the settings are correct, and the panels are working great in series. Then, seemingly without cause, the panels quit working.

They worked, then without me moving them at all they just quit.

You don't have to move them for a poor connection to manifest.
Oh. I'm learning stuff already! ?

I'll jiggle them around and keep an eye on the dc input screen to see if and volts show up. Wouldn't that be something if it's just a loose connection. The trick would be fixing it then. Would you suggest I just buy a new cord at that point? I'm not sure where the loose connection would be though, it's possible it's in one of the panels' cords, but I can't replace those. They aren't removable from the panels.

I really recommend having a DMM (digital multimeter) so that you can check voltages and continuity. As I mentioned the place where your solar panel cords plugs into the Bluetti is often the failure area.

I really recommend having a DMM (digital multimeter) so that you can check voltages and continuity. As I mentioned the place where your solar panel cords plugs into the Bluetti is often the failure area.
I have one coming in the mail on Saturday. I was getting it for something else, but you think it will work for finding where the failure is?

I have one coming in the mail on Saturday. I was getting it for something else, but you think it will work for finding where the failure is?
Up to a point. You can check the voltage output from your solar panels as being good, you can check all the wires and connections up to the Bluetti plug in. If those are all good but your Bluetti does not show any PV than the problem would commence at the Bluetti. If so it could be a Warranty matter if such exists.

Up to a point. You can check the voltage output from your solar panels as being good, you can check all the wires and connections up to the Bluetti plug in. If those are all good but your Bluetti does not show any PV than the problem would commence at the Bluetti. If so it could be a Warranty matter if such exists.
Gotcha. Thank you so much! I've got a plan now for further diagnostics.

Back