diy solar

diy solar

Deye inverter help please, parallel wiring issue

Helpful thank you. My concern is moving the Ct scanners down where the white one is won’t capture the secondary feed lines going to a different breaker that are on the right hand side, right?
Also Deye is saying that CT scanner should be within 10 meters of the inverter. This may be an issue for me as my main box is about 165 ft away. Thoughts on if this will be a problem?

Thanks for the help!
Another option ( which I use), is using an external meter , that reports over modbus.
They are more accurate, and you could use a standard utp cable, which can span a much biggest distance ( in my case about 70m or 230 feet)

There's 2 different brands supported

I spoke with the supplier that supports the Sol-Ark and they say that the CT scanners can be up to 400ft away. I read what Sol-Ark recommends and they say it can be up to 400ft and that they recommend using Cat6 cable if extending far. I actually have two runs of Cat5 and am using 4 conductors from each for each wire. I believe my issue at this point is the 200amp CT's I ordered are not any good. They make a loud buzzing noise so I ordered the 200 amp Sol-Ark ones and will try them. The supplier did recommend that I place them on the incoming from the power grid before it goes anywhere else and facing the arrows toward the grid. I will try that when they get in and let everyone know how it went.
The inverters are communicating and performing the same function ever sense they were updated which is good. Progress!

Another option ( which I use), is using an external meter , that reports over modbus.
They are more accurate, and you could use a standard utp cable, which can span a much biggest distance ( in my case about 70m or 230 feet)

There's 2 different brands supported
Can you share which one you are using? That is the next route I will be going.

Can you share which one you are using? That is the next route I will be going.
living in the EU ( so 230v ) and also 3 phase

but you can use a Chint or an Eastron Modbus V2 ( the Specific one i am using is the : Eastron SDM630-Modbus MID V2, 3 Phase )

Finally I am up and running properly. Here are the final resolution items that had to be resolved.

The inverters indeed needed to be updated. Deye was able to do this remotely which allowed the inverters to communicate properly.
The CT scanners were not working, I had to buy some to fit on the incoming power lines and they were not good making buzzing noise. My run is about 185 ft away so Deye was saying this would not work but luckily the length of run was not the issue. I ordered the 200AMP CT scanners from SOl-ARK and installed them with the CT's connected right on the incoming power lines from the grid with the arrows facing the grid. Now my power consumption is reading correctly and batteries are operating correctly. SolARK actually recommend Cat6 cable when running up to 400ft away. I used double cat5 runs so each conductor has 4 cat 5 wires ran making the effective gauge about 16 gauge vs 20 gauge.

Thank you everyone for the help as I am very relieved to finally have it up and running properly.

Back