diy solar

diy solar

deye 8kw system work mode

Soltech.I.E

Hi, am new here need assist. I have a 8kw deye hybrid inverter and I want it to charge the battery first then when it reaches 100% to supply the surplus energy from solar to non-essential loads which are connected to grid side of the inverter.

on system work mode should I tick:
1. zero export to CT
2. solar sell

Also should I use "time of use" ?

Time Of Use regulates how much the batteries will deplete during the different periods in the day.
Other wise they will stay at 100% and not be used until the grid is not active.

1 Yes. Remember to install the white CT correctly.
2 Get everything else up and running before you mess with the solar sell.

Right now am using " time of use " like from 8 am to 5pm to charge the battery to 100% and 5pm to 8am to discharge up to 50% but its not doing that. Also i have tick zero export to CT and solar cell .

What should I do to use the battery at night and also provide surplus power from pv during the day?

Hello all, I am also new here.
I have Deye Inverter SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU and batteries 6xTAB L5.1 (30kWh).

I want to switch between work modes via Modbus 485,
but I don't know enough about the modbus command set and registers. I only know things theoretically.

The basic idea is the following:
Buy energy from the grid when it is cheap and sell it together with energy from my own solar power plant when it is more expensive.
I have a contract to buy and sell at the current exchange price (hourly).
Manual setting via buttons and display works well, but it is time-consuming and so unwieldy.

Own consumption is very little, it is mainly a production device for the production of electricity for sale.
If anyone has any ideas or can help me I will be very grateful.

Elektro you totally hijacked his thread. Soltech, did you get this resolved? I am trying to do the same thing and running into issues. I just posted a new thread.

Elektro, you questions will be answered by reading the manual. Read the one online, not the one that came with the inverter. It goes into detail about your question and explains each of the work modes to accomplish what you are needing to do.
If you dont have batteries you will want to select "Selling first" and you should be good. If you have batteries then you will need to setup the time of use. The manual goes into detail on what this all means.

Well, I am trying to achieve something similar as Elektro. I have 12kW Hybrid and I have the online manual. So-far I could not get it to export battery power with any of the setting suggested by the manual.

Has anyone achieved to export battery power to the grid from these inverters?

Back