diy solar

diy solar

Deye 8KW Generator Backup Wiring Question

Xawkes

Hello Forum,

I'm writing to request your guidance on connecting my 8KW single phase DEYE inverter to a generator for automatic start-up when SOC reaches X% . The generator is already connected to the inverter but the start is currently manual.

I was able to find the below diagram however I'm not sure if I by just wiring a relay in parallel to the remote start program button will be enough.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.
Rene

Generator Firman P03608 Diagram
1704139201721.png

Deye Inverter Generator Signal Diagram
1704139395169.png

I'm not sure if I by just wiring a relay in parallel to the remote start program button will be enough.
Maybe
It's not clear if that is the remote start connection location. Or if it's just a button used to program remote starting functionality.

I think you're right. If I look in more detail it appears that the generator's core is the "receiver module (RC)." Instead of modifying that, I'll likely need to either:
  1. Modify the "engine switch."
  2. Generate my own Radio Frequency signal and pair it with the generator.
I'm not sure which approach would be easier at this point.

It definitely appears to have some sort of remote start ability.
Just have to figure out what it takes to utilize it.

Yes. You might be right and thanks for the brainstorming! I'm more inclined to go for the RF signal. That way I wont touch the generator circuits at all.

If I can find something that can substitute the clunky remote switch and plug it to the inverter with the on/off option that would be amazing...

1704146955714.png

Back