diy solar

diy solar

BLUETTI AC200MAX Shutting down after a few hrs

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
I use my Bluetti AC200Max around the house on a regular basis.
Induction cooktop, fans, washer, dryer, corded tools, and occasionally the microwave, toaster, and coffee maker,
Charging it with a few solar panels, I absolutely love using free energy.

Item 1)
Today I plugged in a 120vac tower fan from costco to it (again), turned it on low, and left to run some errands.
98% charged when I left, and connected to 500w solar as it is regularly.

When I came back about 5hrs later, the fan was off. The AC power had shut itself off on the Bluetti.
Odd.
Battery fully charged, understandable given solar is connected.
So I turned the AC power back on, turned the fan on again (low), and 3 hrs later noticed the fan was off, as was the AC power on the Bluetti.
A repeat of earlier. Odd again.

So now I have it on again, noted the time 7:10pm and will see what happens.
The wattage draw from the fan on low doesn’t even register on the Bluetti so I was thinking maybe some sort of inactivity auto shutoff? That would make no sense, and I’ve left it on with nothing running numerous times and it stays on and draws the battery down, it hasn’t shut off AC power.

So there’s that.

UPDATE 11:14pm I just noticed the fan and AC power is off again.

Item 2)
About 2mos ago I was pulling around 1700 then down to 800, then back up to 1200watts with an induction cooktop for a while (around 15 min?) and the outlet went dead
(Lower Left outlet - aka LL)

Plugged the cooktop in to the upper left outlet and it worked. I thought maybe the LL outlet burned out somehow, but tried it the next day and that LL outlet worked again, and has been since. For whatever reason, that’s the outlet I usually plug in to, but I haven’t had occasion to push it hard lately.
I figure it had a thermal event and that outlet shut down, and after cooling it reset?

Anyone have a similar experience with a Bluetti?

PS:
Bluetti sevice did respond and of course wanted a video showing what happens but it hasn’t happened again and wtf I’m not going to stand there and record everytime I use it.

Last edited:
Crickets huh. ???
Oh well.

So today I plugged the same tower fan in to the top right outlet, and the fan ran all day as it should. The fan still does not register wattage, so it must be quite efficient.
No AC power shutdown.

Later in the day, I plugged the fan into the problem lower left outlet, and the AC power shut itself off again, somewhere between 4 and 5 hours later.
So it appears the lower left outlet alone has a problem and the bms system shuts off ac power.
Btw the Bluetti is not sitting in excessive heat, it is shaded and temps are 76-80f during the day.
I’m currently running my dishwasher from upper left outlet.
It shows 100-120 watts. I don’t anticipate a problem.

I’ll be contacting Bluetti about the faulty outlet tomorrow, we’ll see how the support is.

You can try turning off ECO Mode
From the manual

"ECO Mode: When it's on, the AC power will automatically turn off over 4 hours low(≤50W) or no load to save power drain."

From the manual

"ECO Mode: When it's on, the AC power will automatically turn off over 4 hours low(≤50W) or no load to save power drain."
Thanks, I actually discovered that and should have updated my post. It’s kind of annoying though because it was shutting while I had a large tower fan was running to keep a room more comfortable. Apparently the fan is so efficient it doesn’t register on the Bluetti… or Bluetti needs a more accurate watt meter.

From the manual

Thanks! I am about to receive the AC200P and I saw them boast that it shuts off with under 50W of load, and thought, "dang, I hope I can easily turn that off." :LOL: Now, I know to look for ECO Mode.

Thanks! I am about to receive the AC200P and I saw them boast that it shuts off with under 50W of load, and thought, "dang, I hope I can easily turn that off." :LOL: Now, I know to look for ECO Mode.
Yeah I’m not sure why they would boast about that as a small draw could be running a fan as in my case, or an important piece of equipment.
If someone wasn’t aware of eco mode it could have disastrous or even deadly consequences.

Yeah I’m not sure why they would boast about that as a small draw could be running a fan as in my case, or an important piece of equipment.
If someone wasn’t aware of eco mode it could have disastrous or even deadly consequences.
I wish the MAX had the same price deal because with it, you can leave DC on with no load for days and still be at 100%. This means that if ECO Mode has any benefits, it is only for AC with the MAX.

A better feature, though, would be the ability for the user to put a timer on or schedule any load for each port.

Just got my AC200P today. Here is the first update:

Back