diy solar

diy solar

Putting 3x AC200MAX In Series for a 36V 30A Output?

Ang429

So im in a weird situation and I have a weird plan. i have 3 Bluetti AC200MAX. I purchased 2 of their adapters made to take the output on their expansion battery, and turn it into an XT90 So that you could plug it into the AC200MAX Via the MPPT Input, And Plugged it into the AC200MAX, Which its not made to do. My plan was to be able to pull power out of an AC200MAX And put it into another one, so that I could run everything off one and basically treat The other two as expansion batteries. Well that didn't work, It Gave an error and all the readings for voltage and temp goes blank, So I'm concerned that its basically shutting down (and is incapable of shutting off the port that I'm plugged into) Which would mean that I could overheat or undervolt the Battery and ruin it, So I wont be following that plan anymore.
i just came up with a new plan, Which is to use the 12V 30A DC Output on each one of them, And use Bluettis Adapter to turn them all into an XT90, And then Turn the XT90 into an MC4, So that I could wire all 3 in Series (and then have that go into an XT60), which would safely give me a 36V 30A Output?
Basically The Plan is that I could take that 36V 30A Output, And put it into my anker battery, And I would be able to charge the anker at 36V 20A through its MPPT. So I would basically be treating the 3x Bluettis As Expansion Batteries for the anker, and Theoretically, this should be completely safe since I'm using a Plug on the bluetti that's actually made to output power, And the bluetti will be able to cool itself, shut off when the power is low e.t.c.
So my question, is Does this plan seem stupid? yes I understand that its a Dumb idea, But I already have the batteries, So I just want to double check that my whole plan is safe, And that there isn't a problem having the 3 Outputs go into Series to make 36V?

Last edited:
So im in a weird situation and I have a weird plan. i have 3 Bluetti AC200MAX. I purchased 2 of their adapters made to take the output on their expansion battery, and turn it into an XT90 So that you could plug it into the AC200MAX Via the MPPT Input, And Plugged it into the AC200MAX, Which its not made to do. My plan was to be able to pull power out of an AC200MAX And put it into another one, so that I could run everything off one and basically treat The other two as expansion batteries. Well that didn't work, It Gave an error and all the readings for voltage and temp goes blank, So I'm concerned that its basically shutting down (and is incapable of shutting off the port that I'm plugged into) Which would mean that I could overheat or undervolt the Battery and ruin it, So I wont be following that plan anymore.
i just came up with a new plan, Which is to use the 12V 30A DC Output on each one of them, And use Bluettis Adapter to turn them all into an XT90, And then Turn the XT90 into an MC4, So that I could wire all 3 in Series (and then have that go into an XT60), which would safely give me a 36V 30A Output?
Basically The Plan is that I could take that 36V 30A Output, And put it into my anker battery, And I would be able to charge the anker at 36V 20A through its MPPT. So I would basically be treating the 3x Bluettis As Expansion Batteries for the anker, and Theoretically, this should be completely safe since I'm using a Plug on the bluetti that's actually made to output power, And the bluetti will be able to cool itself, shut off when the power is low e.t.c.
So my question, is Does this plan seem stupid? yes I understand that its a Dumb idea, But I already have the batteries, So I just want to double check that my whole plan is safe, And that there isn't a problem having the 3 Outputs go into Series to make 36V?
Sounds too complicated. Just use the ac side of the Bluetti and charge them off of each other and hook the last in line to the Anker. Hook some solar to each Bluetti and let them stay charged that way? I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use them all individually. You have me scratching my head a bit to be honest.

Sounds too complicated. Just use the ac side of the Bluetti and charge them off of each other and hook the last in line to the Anker. Hook some solar to each Bluetti and let them stay charged that way? I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use them all individually. You have me scratching my head a bit to be honest.
Its not that complicated, its just a couple of adapters. Take the 3x 12V 30A Aviation Outputs and use adapters to go from Aviation to XT90, And then XT90 to MC4, So that I can put it in Series and then go to the single XT60 to go into the anker. Going over AC would be pretty inefficient and probably cause me to lose what 15% of my Capacity? Which on 6kwh is like 900+Wh. I also wouldn't be able to have all 3 of them charge the anker at once if I did it via AC. The point is that I want to use the 3X Bluettis as Expansion Batteries for my Anker, And the only way to do that would be to make them Charge the anker. I don't need 3 Separate Batteries, my Anker can support 20A Output, I just want the extra capacity. Doing this would mean I have 8.6Kwh of Capacity.

Seems viable assuming the 36V*20A input is sufficient to keep up with the load on the Anker. Assuming this is an f2000 you are talking about? So how do the ac200ms charge? From grid or solar? Is this like a large UPS system?

Seems viable assuming the 36V*20A input is sufficient to keep up with the load on the Anker. Assuming this is an f2000 you are talking about? So how do the ac200ms charge? From grid or solar? Is this like a large UPS system?
F2600. So it supports 20A for above 32V, so i would be able to do 36V at 720W. Realistically it would be a Large Portable System, It could be Powered by Solar, Or if its enough capacity for what I need to do, I can just use it and then recharge via AC after by charging all 4 Batteries Seperately. I would have liked the first plan more to have the Bluetti output the 58V and I could do 58V 20A And have the Capability of only bringing one AC200MAX if I didn't want to bring around 4 65LB Batteries, But since that doesn't seem to be an option, at least not without more Careful testing, This seems like the Only Option. Im 99% Sure the Series wiring is safe, but I always want to double check. Nothing should be damaged by hooking up the 3 outputs in Series?

This is what I would be purchasing.
yy6x.png

I couldn't find a 3 Way XT60 Series Adapter let alone an XT60 Series adapter that's not a Cheap little low Current RC Car Adapter, Which is why I have to go the MC4 and back. Unfortunately my 5 Way XT60 Adapter is Parallel, Which would limit me to 120W Charging instead of 720W.

Last edited:
Back