diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P - Low/Varying Amps on first Solar Input

EK-MT

Hello All, I bought an AC200p about a year back for a van project and only charged with shore power. Finally got a chance to get solar panels together. My first solar project....I'm not too savvy on electrical in general. That being said...

I have (2) 100W Rich Solar panels in series to charge the AC200p. First time i hooked everything up, the input on the bluetti display was showing low amps (1.5 - 2.0). Volts were around 37-41. Input watts would vary between 60-90 on a 1 second interval. Internet told me wiring/connections or controller could be a culprit.

I got a multimeter and ran through each panel while on the ground. Each panel was around 21V/3.5A and when put in series 43.7V/3.49A when tested directly on the panels.

I thought maybe something with my wiring inside the van so the pictures below show the system set back up on the van and the test was at end of my wiring before bluetti connection. The last picture is the bluetti screen. All three pictures taken within 45 seconds of each other. A video would show the bluetti input volts/amps jumping around each second.....sometime 5-7 volts.

Not sure where to go from here.....can't seem to get the input watts on the bluetti display over 90 or 92 on multiple sunny days, no clouds/shadows. Maybe something with the bluetti I might be missing?
Thanks in advance.

20230808_163724.jpg20230808_163738.jpg2023-08-08 172713.jpg

Any luck? I've got an EB3A pulling only 70W from a 140W panel so am interested in hearing any ideas on the topic.

Back