diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P vs DIY (SOK+PIP 2724LV-MR)

GhostlyGoer

Hi all, new to this space and just had a quick question. I saw a question similar to this from a few years back regarding the Bluetti AC200 vs DIY when the AC200 cost 1.2k or so and the consensus seemed to be the Bluetti was a good deal. Is that still the case now if you compare the AC200P ($1500) with a 24v 100ah SOK hooked up to a PIP 2724LV-MR? (~$1030 + $642). My goal is to have a semi-portable battery backup that I can charge with solar and power a DC freezer (ICECO) and maybe run a small microwave/induction cooktop. My only real hesitation with the Bluetti is that there are quite a number of 1 star reviews on Amazon which is a bit concerning. I also don't love that it's not very serviceable/modifiable. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Just got the bluetti ac200p, really wished I had just DIY instead. Self consumption is way to high for my uses.

We have a similar Ac200max, it works very well and has a variety of sockets, decent sustained output and input rates (check specs for exact details). If you want ease of use, a sealed box and warranty/ support it is worth considering.

Due to the size and power usage of the inverter when powered on just need to be careful to calculate both your intended usage and also ability to recharge it either from mains , Solar or other sources. To cover our needs comfortably we bought the Bluetti b300 battery which works seamlessly with the Ac200max and if you check a little differently with an ac200p.

Back