diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC50 upgrade

Sun Tzu

Will tore this a new one in his review but, it seems that Maxoak must have heard Will and Hobotech because they're upgrading the 12v unregulated to 12v regulated and renaming it the AC50S. Amazon it showing it for $369.00 after coupon but, they're not showing the upgraded S model so I don't know what version is being shipped. Also, the AC50 has MPPT. Just thought I'd pass this along to those of you looking for a 500W unit.

Last edited:
I received an email from Maxoak that stated the upgraded AC50S with 12v regulated will be available on Indigogo next week. They didn't state how much it would cost.

I'm considering the AC50S. Has anyone used the original AC50 with a solar panel connected 24/7? Does the MPPT controller on it automatically resume charging in the morning without having to reinsert the panel so I can just leave the thing be and be sure it's fully charged after a day of sun? I have the Omnicharge Omni Ultimate and it sucks in this regard. Once it gets dark enough it just turns off the MPPT altogether and doesn't reset on its own.

Also, with a solar panel connected, is the standby power drain an issue if there's say two days of darkness (not that unusual in Finland)? And finally when the sun comes back, does the charging continue without an issue?

edit: got a prompt reply from Maxoak on FB
Hello, for AC50S:
1. You can use it with a solar panel connected 24/7, the MPPT controller automatically resume charging when the sun comes back.
2. Two days of darkness won't drain out the battery of AC50S, it has a shelf life of at least 6 months.

Any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Last edited:
It was mentioned in the review that the inverter on the original AC50 had a 300W inverter versus the Jackery 500's 500W inverter.
Has that changed?

It was mentioned in the review that the inverter on the original AC50 had a 300W inverter versus the Jackery 500's 500W inverter.
Has that changed?
No but, the AC50S blows away the Jackery in every other aspect including price.

Did you buy one?

I have been indecisive whether to buy the AC50s and the solar panels or not.
Reluctant to "pull the trigger" just because I do not have much income coming in.

Did you buy one?
No, was going to when it was on Indigogo for $350 but, held off. I wanted to get one to use for camping so I could leave my Bluetti EB150 at home. Glad I waited because Jehu Garcia just come out with a video on how to build a 1200w battery pack that will charge my Bluetti EB 150. I decided to just stick with the EB150 and invest the money I would have spent for the AC50S on the battery pack build.

What are you looking to use the AC50S for?

Power outage backup. Run laptop, cable modem, router, misc.

It will be my first system.
It should work well for that. If you don't mind putting a glass panel outside you could save some money over a folding panel. 170w Bouge RV panel would charge up the AC50s pretty good. I think the max input it charges from solar is 120w.

diy solar

diy solar
Back