diy solar

diy solar

BMS that does not require location or GPS on to use app

when china invades california

Nah, they don't need to do that. They've already invaded all of North America as well as much of the rest of the world. They have us hooked to their cheap products. We are sold the narrative that we must have more stuff. Better stuff. Easy to get seduced by Shiny Product 2.0, when you have version 1.0 that works just fine and v2.0 is 30% higher price. I'm not saying we don't need stuff, but consumerism needs a 12-step program as it's a massive addiction and China is our dealer. They got the goods...for a nice price. Physical invasion would be expensive. Why do that when we pay them to be invaded by them?

I use both Android and iOS. IMO neither is inherently more unsecure, provided you use a little common sense. They both have pros and cons.
iOS is great if you want Apple to tell you how to use your device and to give you little room to customize anything. But as a result it may be a bit more reliable. Android gives you way more flexibility, but of course can be riskier if you are not careful.

As I noted earlier, I have several cheap pre-paid Android phones (that I pull the SIM cards out) that I use for all of my solar monitoring needs (including remote monitoring). I can do things with those Android phones, that I can not do with an iPhone (or at least not as easily, and certainly not as cheaply).

Anyone who has had any kind of loan, your privacy is gone forever.
One data breach I was a victim of, allowed me to obtain a copy of my full credit report and they knew shit about me even I didn't know.

Anyone who has had any kind of loan, your privacy is gone forever.
One data breach I was a victim of, allowed me to obtain a copy of my full credit report and they knew shit about me even I didn't know.

I occasionally web search myself to see what is out there, and usually don't find much. But one site had addresses, phone numbers and other stuff that I had long forgotten. There was more info there than I even see on my credit reports. Of course the credit bureaus probably have more data than they share with us. This data was from long before Android and iOS even existed. So yeah, unless you have lived on a deserted island all your life, your info is probably out there already.

Back