diy solar

diy solar

Build Check

solardeep

Hi, I am new to solar build. I am planning on building a system base of the list below.
This will be connected to my subpanel which runs majority of the house except for AC, oven, EV charger and dryer.
Subpanel is connected from the main panel via 100A breaker.
I am planning on installing a transfer switch between Backup and grid just incase.
PV will be place on top of the pergola.

My current use of electricity is about 10-15kwh per day.

Future plan: the whole house will run off grid.

But before buying the equipment's and executing the project, I would like to get feedback from the members of this forums if the setup below would work.
If there is a better one, please advise.
Where would you recommend to buy equipment's?

Inverter: Solark 12K
Max PV DC
13000W
Nominal Voltage
175-425V
Start up Voltage
125V
Max DC voltage
500V
Max input current per MPPT
20A
MPPT starting Voltage
125V
Number of MPPT
Max solar string per MPPT
Max AC coupled Input
9600W

PV:12-15 panels of the 395w Qcell (SS has it on sale)
PMPP 395W
Isc 10.19A
Voc 48.74
Impp 9.70
Vmpp 40.71
n >19.6

Battery: undecided, probably will start with 10kw 48v or so....

Since there are 2 MPPT array available in the inverter, plan is to have 6-7 panels in series per array.

What PV array set up would you recommend? How many series and parallel.
What breaker size should I use in the subpanel connecting the inverter?
If I have to connect the grid to the inverter, what breaker size should I use?

Thanks again.

WIth those panels and inverter combination, you can go from to 6 to 9 panels in series, and up to 2 strings in parallel with 6 to 8 panels in series. 80amp breakers with the proper wire size can be used for the input on and outputs if you want max grid pass thru. 50 amp will be the minimum size for the output. The input breaker size may be limited by code depending on how you chose to interconnect the inverter. Depending on how soon you choose to grow your system you may wish to choose the sol-ark 15k which has a 200a pass thru capability which makes powering you whole home with the inverter much simpler.

For the battery, code requires you to use a battery the is UL9540 listed with the inverter you choose. Note UL9540A is a completely separate thing, from UL9540 listing.

Back