diy solar

diy solar

Building Battery Box for my 24v, 200ah Lifepo4 Battery Bank

Just stumbled on your thread here, I've gone a slightly different way using ally and steel for my 8S2P 360Ah CALB setup battery box but just wondered if you are automating the environment/air temp it will be sitting in at all..???

Attachments

• IMG-20210130-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210130-WA0000.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 50
Mine is up inside the house area. I am just adding ventilation to the box. It sits just inside the lift doors at 2” above floor level. Will be a vented plywood enclosure reinforced.

The covers came with the bus bars. I was able to order some different covers as the second set of cells did not include hardware or covers. Will post link to the second set of covers.

I purchased RHI item TPS23-17. RHI is the Chinese manufacturer.

I need to do something like that for my 8S Eve 280 AH batteries. Except since these are aluminum cased prismatic cells I need to provide a mechanical way of preventing the cells from expanding when charging.

I think 3/4" plywood plates should strong enough. Plus add a piece of plexiglass across the top to protect the terminals from being shorted out. I see people using 1/4" aluminum plates and threaded rod which would help a bit with cooling. Plywood would be a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to work with. I could reinforce the plywood with aluminum Unistrut used as stretchers.

Dont buy acrylic (plexi brand name) for use in any of these projects. Spend a few more bucks and use polycarbonite (aka lexan), it has literally 100x the strength against breakage, and doesnt crack when you drill it. Plexi is very fragile. Lexan is what they make race car windshields from. Its softer so scratches a bit more easily but that shouldnt be a factor in this application.
Someone in another thead offered using plexi sheet between cells for insulation under compression. That was cringeworthy. Lucky they last long enough to tighten the compression method.

Back