diy solar

diy solar

BYD 24v the cheap bms

Picasso

Solar Enthusiast
This is not a BMS.

This is an active balancer as opposed to a passive balancer with resistors.
The above unit is very good despite some doomsayers on here and if I can find his post again I will tell him and challenge him to prove his dire forecasts. It moves charge from a cell that is over .100 volts or 100 milli volts and moves it to one that is the lowest as I follow it until the difference is less than 30 millivolts.

Here is a cheap BMS that should be run as well as with the unit you quote above.

Last edited:
You can get Dalys with UART now for PC or bluetooth access.

what I posted is the cheap of the cheap giving a visual display of balance, the led's turn off when everything is stable as far as balance goes.

Screw Daly, I have 14 of them nicely built,, but. I just got my smart bms 320a today set it up and wow this thing is Sweet.. see everything going on, can change any setting, really impressed watching it work on the BYD 24v

for the price 72 bucks took 3 weeks, ordered off Aliexpresss instead of what Will bought on Ebay. even the wires to each cell are long enough

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191216-210503.png
    Screenshot_20191216-210503.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20191216_213839.jpg
    IMG_20191216_213839.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Screw Daly, I have 14 of them nicely built,, but. I just got my smart bms 320a today set it up and wow this thing is Sweet.. see everything going on, can change any setting, really impressed watching it work on the BYD 24v
Mate ,sure you are happy, but you have a problem already. Take a good look at that low cell. Its too far down.You should bottom balance if you have not done so or redo it if you have. Or put a little charge into it or buy an active balancer.

I dont recognise the cells you are using but Im assuming you have not started charging them yet?

Last edited:
Mate, sure you are happy, but you have a problem already. Take a good look at that low cell. Its too far down. You should bottom balance if you have not done so or redo it if you have. Or put a little charge into it or buy an active balancer.

I don't recognize the cells you are using but I'm assuming you have not started charging them yet?
Yes, I noticed that just tweaking the software, very interesting even the ah is off. there is a shit load of adjustments on the software side for these BYD cells.
The software also does discharge to charge I am in test mode only,,
if this was a regular BMS I would not know this unless one has a balancer. The batteries are the one spot on installing the solar system was my concern
glad I did not jump into this blindly, I can see a lot do

Last edited:
The Deligreen BMS models listed above has a top rating of 60amps.. That's going to be undersized for BYD unit. Unlike a balancer, your drawing your main current through the BMS and need to keep an eye on the max amp requirements.

The Deligreen BMS models listed above has a top rating of 60amps.. That's going to be undersized for BYD unit. Unlike a balancer, your drawing your main current through the BMS and need to keep an eye on the max amp requirements.
mine is 320a, pretty sure it is peak

My BYDs are rated at 120C I bought a Daly separate port 150amp 8s LiFepo4 BMS for each of them. I hope that was proper, because it wasn't cheap.

Back