diy solar

diy solar

Calculating load from power tool batteries

Iristocratmusic

Hi all
I am calculating the expected ac load for our cabin ( off grid ) in country Nsw Australia.
Somethings are easy like
10 x 10w led lights= 100w

How about recharging tool batteries?
For example
1 x 4amp battery (18v)
How many watts will that draw to fully charge from depleted.?

The bottom of the charger should list what it draws and the bottom of the battery will list the total Wh of the battery. iPhone wall warts are usually 10w unless you have the fancy fast charger and the laptop power brick will list input and output on the bottom of the power brick.

Get something like this and measure their kwh consumption in the real world , that's the best way

I was wondering the same question the other day, wondering if I could use one of our car's factory inverters to run a Makita charger. I didn't see any good information on the draw of the tool charger. I'm estimating in the range of 200-300 watts peak.

It's going to vary depending on battery type and charger capacity/rate...

I was wondering the same question the other day, wondering if I could use one of our car's factory inverters to run a Makita charger. I didn't see any good information on the draw of the tool charger. I'm estimating in the range of 200-300 watts peak.

It's going to vary depending on battery type and charger capacity/rate...

The inverter in a car may or may not work with a battery charger. Some do, some don't. The inverter is usually a modified sine wave, not pure sine wave. So delicate electronics should not be used on it.

The bottom of the charger should list what it draws and the bottom of the battery will list the total Wh of the battery. iPhone wall warts are usually 10w unless you have the fancy fast charger and the laptop power brick will list input and output on the bottom of the power brick.
Thanks … much appreciated
are you in Australia as well?

Get something like this and measure their kwh consumption in the real world , that's the best way
Thx… looked these up… v handy and correct plug for Australian. Have you used one of these.?
I’ll check what my appliances say as a rough guide… but one if these will precisely let me know.

Thx
To calculate my modem draw…
The 240v adaptor has 1.5v 1500mA
On it..
The modem has 15vac 1.0 amps
How do I calculate this? Per hour?

Thx
To calculate my modem draw…
The 240v adaptor has 1.5v 1500mA
On it..
The modem has 15vac 1.0 amps
How do I calculate this? Per hour?