diy solar

diy solar

Cannot Find Limiter Sensors Sol-Ark 12k for "Limited To Home Mode" Replacement Options?

Sun_Dried_Toad

As Stated In title.

We moved about a year ago. we brought our entire system with us.

previously it was installed in off-grid mode, so no need for the sensors. I honestly dont think they were included in my shipment. every single piece that remained after install (optional setup configurations not used) went back into a box, clearly labled, taped and set on a visible shelf. that box, made it to the new house unopened.

im talking to my vendor and sol-ark directly. however, im preparing for the worst, since it's been years since purchase. I will probably have to pay cost of replacement.

I do not find any listed on secondhand market (EBAY etc) and I'm not seeing them listed anywhere else either.

it would seem they are just induction amp meter pass-throughs. is there a very basic but functional replacement?

do I just bite the big one and pay for new directly from Sol-Ark?

Thank you for your prompt response, Robby. I accidentally posted this in the befinners forum. I have deleted it, and reposted here.

here is the response from Robby, so as to not disregard his contribution:

"They come packed inside a small cardboard box inside the Wiring box at the front of the Inverter.
You might have taken out the little Box and put it up somewhere.
Sol-Ark is not going to make any money off of you buying a new one. Just call them and see how it works out.
They may charge you their costs plus shipping or they may charge you just Shipping or sometimes nothing.
You could use something else but why bother, it will at best cost you the same thing as the original."

SolArk can sell you another set as Robby suggested. The specs are in the manual and you can purchase them online. If I recall they are a fairly common spec and not hard to find. 200 Amp pair are available from NAZ for $285. I believe the turns ratio is user settable so there are other options. Here is a thread which discusses them in more detail:

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back