diy solar

diy solar

Dual Sol-Ark 12K fails on limit to home mode.

TedK

Heh... try to proofread your posts before posting thhread
3 years ago, 8 neighbors of mine followed my lead and all got Sol-Ark 12K. I am happy with my solar system it works fine no problems.

I am amazed with the sol-ark 12K from a neighbor that pulls around 100 KWh every day which is around 100% or more based on the specs (we live in Arizona).

Another system is a dual 12K system with one indoors and one outdoors inverter, that system was working OK but a year ago I realized the installer left it on limit to load mode.

I changed the inverter to limited to home mode, the system works OK for about 20 minutes after that if the home load is low it works OK but when the load is more than 1 KW then it sends or receives power from the Grid sometimes up to 10KW.

I have been calling Sol-Ark support in the last 6 months about once a month with no answer to this problem, their support used to be great before, now they leave a lot to be desired also some of the support people nowadays they don’t even know the specs on the inverter. I lost faith in the Sol-Ark support after about 6 tries on this problem.

I was wandering if any of you run on this issue and have a fix.

So far, the software on both inverters are updated.

I did a factory reset.

Replaced both CTs and new Cat8 cable, about 50’ long. I checked the old CTs with a scope and they work fine.

Tried all wiring combination with CTs, system still fails on the Limited to home mode.
3 years ago, 8 neighbors of mine followed my lead and all got Sol-Ark 12K. I am happy with my solar system it works fine no problems.

I am amazed with the sol-ark 12K from a neighbor that pulls around 100 KWh every day which is around 100% or more based on the specs (we live in Arizona).

Another system is a dual 12K system with one indoors and one outdoors inverter, that system was working OK but a year ago I realized the installer left it on limit to load mode.

I changed the inverter to limited to home mode, the system works OK for about 20 minutes after that if the home load is low it works OK but when the load is more than 1 KW then it sends or receives power from the Grid sometimes up to 10KW.

I have been calling Sol-Ark support in the last 6 months about once a month with no answer to this problem, their support used to be great before, now they leave a lot to be desired also some of the support people nowadays they don’t even know the specs on the inverter. I lost faith in the Sol-Ark support after about 6 tries on this problem.

I was wandering if any of you run on this issue and have a fix.

So far, the software on both inverters are updated.

I did a factory reset.

Replaced both CTs and new Cat8 cable, about 50’ long. I checked the old CTs with a scope and they work fine.

Tried all wiring combination with CTs, system still fails on the Limited to home mode.

I have to try that, the other systems are set to 20W and they work fine.
There's a known bug that sounds similar to what you are experiencing when the zero export power is set too low

Inside the main panel before the main breaker.

From all my discussions with solark about my issue sounds like you have them in the correct spot and what you are doing should work. Your issue sounds alot like mine when I try to use that mode so let me know if you fix it as I would like to try that one mine as well.

One 12k indoors, and the other outdoors. 50 feet between them. Is everything paralleled (other than pv)? Grid line, load line, and battery?

Does SolArk provide a spec for CT distance? My knee jerk reaction is 50ft seems like it could be pushing it signal integrity wise, but without knowing their means of excitation/meadurement I'm not sure. Have you verified the grid (CT) readout on screen matches an independent mains measurement(i.e. clamp meter)?

One 12k indoors, and the other outdoors. 50 feet between them. Is everything paralleled (other than pv)? Grid line, load line, and battery?
Both inverters are next to each other the main panel is 50' away.

Does SolArk provide a spec for CT distance? My knee jerk reaction is 50ft seems like it could be pushing it signal integrity wise, but without knowing their means of excitation/meadurement I'm not sure. Have you verified the grid (CT) readout on screen matches an independentCT mains measurement(i.e. clamp meter)?
Yes, with proper wiring Sol-ark states up to 100' distance. I have a solar system with 150' CT wiring that works fine no issues, for that I used Cat8 wiring.

Yes, with proper wiring Sol-ark states up to 100' distance. I have a solar system with 150' CT wiring that works fine no issues, for that I used Cat8 wiring.
Got it - I thumbed through the manual and didn't catch the spec. They do call out shielded cable, but no mention of shield termination. I'd suggest landing shield at mains end (point of lowest ground impedance), insulated shield at sol-ark end.

Both inverters are next to each other the main panel is 50' away.
wait, for deye's and sunsynk's the manual states that the comm cable between the 2 inverter that are being paralleled can't be longer than 2 meter (about 6,5 feet)...
could that be your issue ?

Back