diy solar

diy solar

Charge parameters for 24V system? ?

The aliexpress page for that battery is all over the place so guesses only. The page says 0.5c for charging so 50 amps based on it being a 100ah battery. The ali page then goes onto detail the charging at 3amps. That might be the specs of the charger they don't appear to sell. I'm thinking the entire page is a rip off of another sellers'.

Assuming the 0.5 charge rate is valid your MPPT charger shouldn't exceed that so you should be safe there, but its a pretty generic MPPT charger so it may not actually current limit, even it save itself. Too much solar input and it could well exceed its own 40 amp rating and blow up.

The battery itself is likely a li-ion battery, not a lifepo4. All the figures indicate li-ion but then it rambles on into talking about lifepo4. lifepo4 is pretty hardy and difficult to catch on fire, li-ion is the opposite.

li-ion cells can be charged up to 4.1 volts (actually a little higher, but headroom is recommended). The real question is how many cells in series in that battery to work out what the voltages should be. Who knows. If I work their max charge and max discharge voltages forwards and backwards they indicate different numbers of cells.

Have you bought any of this stuff? If not I strongly recommend you don't.

are you using 2 batteries in parallel if so then you could give it as much as 100 amps but that controller wouldn't handle that I would get three of them in parallel then you can control amps in by limiting total amps of each PV string

There are few listings of the same battery.
Configured in 7S, which is common for 24V battery to not exceed 30V when fully charged.

As for charging, I only have 400W panels (2S2P at 12A), very hard to exceed 50A limit.
What I want to know is the charging Constant Voltage, Floating Voltage.
My MPPT don't have parameter for Lit-ion batteries.

Last edited:
Back