diy solar

diy solar

Chargeverter plug adapter

I could of just bought a 25 foot extension cord that uses the chargeverter 2's stock cable end but I already bought the gen connect kit so why not repurpose it instead.

To run on my 120v inverter for my truck I just bought one of these at the local hardware store :

wallplug.jpg

Then I cut the end off a drop cord and wired it to the socket.

On a side note I haven't actually used the 120v cable I made but it should work.

Last edited:
I guess it's a compliment to the connector.. they are just so good you gotta use em for anything you can think of.

No reason why not, they don’t show a wiring diagram but there’s only one logical way that can be wired.
I would make that adapter you wanted a foot long and zip-tie it to your existing accord about 2 foot back so you can loop the other around and plug it into the adapter perfectly safe
L5-30P L14-30R
L1 <------> L1
N <------> L2
G <------> G
--- N
20240611_045234.jpg20240611_045301.jpg20240611_045332.jpg
This is for illustration purposes only I did not actually make this
Also that generator coughing you mentioned might check the spark plug that sounds a little odd but then again there's no reason to overdrive the generator not gonna save you no fuel Plus you could probably double its life by operating at 80%
Good luck 👍

I would make that adapter you wanted a foot long and zip-tie it to your existing accord about 2 foot back so you can loop the other around and plug it into the adapter perfectly safe
L5-30P L14-30R
L1 <------> L1
N <------> L2
G <------> G
--- N
View attachment 221261View attachment 221262View attachment 221263
This is for illustration purposes only I did not actually make this
Also that generator coughing you mentioned might check the spark plug that sounds a little odd but then again there's no reason to overdrive the generator not gonna save you no fuel Plus you could probably double its life by operating at 80%
Good luck 👍
Another option probably cheaper than a chargverter, buy a used 5-6k generator give it a tune up stick it in the corner and save it for that hurricane that you hope never comes better fuel economy with a larger generator doesn't have to be an eco-friendly generator because the chargverter will allow you to run it under next to full load only down side not quiet like honda

That’s a great idea, thanks! Keeps it from getting lost or getting inadvertently used for some other purpose.

Another option probably cheaper than a chargverter, buy a used 5-6k generator give it a tune up stick it in the corner and save it for that hurricane that you hope never comes better fuel economy with a larger generator doesn't have to be an eco-friendly generator because the chargverter will allow you to run it under next to full load only down side not quiet like honda
Wait, use a bigger (dirty, noisy) generator with my CV because it’s cheaper than the CVs and generators I already own?

Wait, use a bigger (dirty, noisy) generator with my CV because it’s cheaper than the CVs and generators I already own?
Well I don't know where you live but I've picked generators up for less than a $100 before I wish I could get a chargverter for that
I'm on 60acres in the woods I used to backfeed from an out building that 250ft away I can't here a thing only problem couldn't tell when power would come back on when back feeding and the closest neighbor is over 1/2 mile away and no street lights
But now I've got solar so no more outages.
20240604_175817.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back