diy solar

diy solar

Charging 51.2v LiFeP04 Batteries with a 60v 5 amp power supply

threepets

Can I charge my 4 - 51.2v LifEP04 batteries at one time with 2 - 60v 5Amp power supplies? If I can how do I connect the power supplies? To the Batteries.

IMG_7699.JPG20230608_214937.jpg

Only if it's adjustable to a lower voltage.
If it is.
Positive to Positive and negative to negative.

I don't see why not. I have two of those power supplies, they are great for charging with a timer switch (ie. 2hrs @ 56.8v)

Don't have experience with those batteries, but usually you would connect positive of the first battery and negative of the last battery.

well since you have two chargers i'd just click negative on the negative bus at the bottom and positive at the positive bus on the bottom and do the same at the top with the other charger.. and then set it to about 57.5 or so and wait a few days... as was mentioned. set the voltage BEFORE HOOKING to the bus. They will run at max amps for a few days.. then they will back off as the voltage approaches the 57.5 area.. of course 3.65X16 cells would be 58.4 but I don't like to pump them up that tight. I wish you success.

I am using solar and the batteries and now the grid to run my household. We have had one day of some Sun in three weeks. Where I live the Electric Co. has offered a Ultra Low Overnight 2.8c/Kwh electricity rate .The 4 batteries are between 71% and 78% State of charge . I want to top them up at the cheaper rate. I have charged all the batteries individually before to 56v and they Individually settled to 54v. I only have 8 hours every night to charge. So I need to charge all batteries at the same time. How can I connect the 2 power supply's to the 4 batteries

well since you have two chargers i'd just click negative on the negative bus at the bottom and positive at the positive bus on the bottom and do the same at the top with the other charger.. and then set it to about 57.5 or so and wait a few days... as was mentioned. set the voltage BEFORE HOOKING to the bus. They will run at max amps for a few days.. then they will back off as the voltage approaches the 57.5 area.. of course 3.65X16 cells would be 58.4 but I don't like to pump them up that tight. I wish you success.
Thank you very much. Can I run the chargers while the system is under load.

Thank you very much. Can I run the chargers while the system is under load.
you can but if you are drawing more than 10 amps you will not be gaining at all. you could run some led lights or a computer maybe or charge some cell phone but any more than 10 amps and you will be using it as fast as you are charging it. You had just as well power the load from the same grid you are running the two chargers from. You lose some in heat when you stick 500 watts in the battery from the chargers and then again as it is ran through the inverter to the load. Just as well get it from the grid and let the batteries charge for when you need them.

Back