diy solar

diy solar

Are my inverters able to handle my battery bank?

David947

Hi! This is my first post in this forum as also my first DIY solar project. Please bear with me if I'm missing something.
I'm building a fairly large residential hybrid solar system using the following equipment:
- 3x (In parallel) Deye SUN-16K-SG01LP1-EU Single phase (Battery Input Data: Battery Voltage Range(V): 40-60V Max charging/discharging current: 290A)
- 5x (In parallel) 300Ah-51.2V LiFePO4 (Max charging current 180A and Max discharging current: 200A)
I want to connect these batteries to the three inverters, and I have the following questions:
1. Is this battery bank compatible with the inverters max capacity?
2. If yes, what's the best setup to connect the batteries to the inverters?
2.1- Busbar connecting positive and negative terminals with 350A DC breaker (as instructed by the inverter manual) for each inverter battery input slot.
2.2- Connecting battery units individually to each inverter.
2.3- Something else.
Thank you.

Max 290a per inverter. With 3 inverters, that is 870a.

1,500 ah of lifep04 batteries. I would charge at 300 amps (0.2c), and limit discharge to 750a (0.5c). That is close to the 870a max, so you aro good.

Follow inverter instructions for paralleling inverters, including connecting batteries. If you don’t have a diagram from Deye, follow the Sol-ark 15k instructions. Connect each battery to the same busbar as inverters. I would weave inverter and battery connection (b-i-b-b-i-b-i-b)

1,500 ah of lifep04 batteries. I would charge at 300 amps (0.2c), and limit discharge to 750a (0.5c). That is close to the 870a max, so you aro good.

Follow inverter instructions for paralleling inverters, including connecting batteries. If you don’t have a diagram from Deye, follow the Sol-ark 15k instructions. Connect each battery to the same busbar as inverters. I would weave inverter and battery connection (b-i-b-b-i-b-i-b)
Thank you.

Since each inverter has two battery inputs, I'm planning to use 1/0 AWG wire to connect each input to the busbar. However the battery bank will supply 750A to the busbar. What wiring solution would you suggest that can handle this high current?

Since each inverter has two battery inputs, I'm planning to use 1/0 AWG wire to connect each input to the busbar. However the battery bank will supply 750A to the busbar. What wiring solution would you suggest that can handle this high current?
See new thread you made.

Back