diy solar

diy solar

Advice on my Setup

pheyi2

Hello,

I have an installation that I want to do for a church (meetings runs only twice in a week for a max of 5 hours).

Here is a breakdown of the intended power consumption

Set 1 (AC)
  • Two 1.5hp
  • Two 2hp
Set 2 (Sound and other equipment)
Total power consumption is 4.5kw

So, I am looking at getting a 6kw Growatt inverter and a 10kva Voltron Inverter .

I want to get 10 545kw Trina solar panel.

A single 48v 10kwh LiFePo4 battery.

My intention is put all my AC (Set 1) on the 10kva Voltron Inverter and the other ones (Set 2) on the 6kw Growatt inverter.

My Questions

Is it possible to connect this two inverters to a single battery bank?
Is it possible to connect this setup to a single line from my panel?
How do I go about connecting this setup?

Ps:
I am a little bit familiar with solar installation, but, I have never done anything like this before.

All input are well appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

I have an installation that I want to do for a church (meetings runs only twice in a week for a max of 5 hours).

Here is a breakdown of the intended power consumption

Set 1 (AC)
  • Two 1.5hp
  • Two 2hp
Set 2 (Sound and other equipment)
Total power consumption is 4.5kw

So, I am looking at getting a 6kw Growatt inverter and a 10kva Voltron Inverter .

I want to get 10 545kw Trina solar panel.

A single 48v 10kwh LiFePo4 battery.

My intention is put all my AC (Set 1) on the 10kva Voltron Inverter and the other ones (Set 2) on the 6kw Growatt inverter.

My Questions

Is it possible to connect this two inverters to a single battery bank?
Is it possible to connect this setup to a single line from my panel?
How do I go about connecting this setup?

Ps:
I am a little bit familiar with solar installation, but, I have never done anything like this before.

All input are well appreciated. Thanks!
In general I would say not to have 2 inverters that aren’t communicating to be connected to the same battery, but in this case it looks like your loads are well understood. Just need to make sure your battery can output enough amps to run the loads. 10 kWh battery - how many discharge amps does it have? Maybe 200? That would support a total loads of something less than 10kW with efficiency losses maybe more like 9kW. What is the draw for set 1?

As far as connecting both inverters to the same panel, I would think no. Their sine waves will be out of sync.

Thank you for the response.

So, after more research based on your response. I finally decided to go with two 6kw Growatt Inverter and 12 545w Trina solar panels. Each inverter will have there own 6 panels connected in series..

Then I will connect them to a single battery and parallel there output.

Back