diy solar

diy solar

charging 6v in series

fire hazard

i have two 6v batteries in series do they need to be balanced or will they balance themselfs

That will depend on battery type...i.e. the chemistry Lets assume that you are referring to Lead Acid. You can charge these in any series string. Unlike Lithium batteries Lead Acid does not need to be balanced, when they get fully charged they will rise in voltage and off gas hydrogen and oxygen from the distillation of the water in the water acid mix. The acid does not distill in the process. Only the water is lost. Only add Distilled water and only when the battery is fully charged. The mix grows in volume as it is charged.

That will depend on battery type...i.e. the chemistry Lets assume that you are referring to Lead Acid. You can charge these in any series string. Unlike Lithium batteries Lead Acid does not need to be balanced, when they get fully charged they will rise in voltage and off gas hydrogen and oxygen from the distillation of the water in the water acid mix. The acid does not distill in the process. Only the water is lost. Only add Distilled water and only when the battery is fully charged. The mix grows in volume as it is charged.
yeah i was just wondering 6v deep cycle,i checked both batteries charging near the end of charge one was 7.12 and the other one was 7.36

It will take several cycles to completely balanced, Lead Acid cells are not as critical as lithium in balance. These are fine, not to worry. Lead Acid battery are very robust

Back