diy solar

diy solar

Charging Bluetti B300 by itself

Charleswgibbs

Solar Enthusiast
I am about to pull the trigger on a Bluetti AC300 with 3 of the B300 batteries. The specs say the B300 batteries can be standalone charged independently from the main ac300.

My question is whether you can have the B300 hooked up normally to the ac300 and be charging from that, while at the same time ALSO charging via the standalone charging port? They support other multiple concurrent charging methods but don't mention this specifically.

Also on the product page for the b300 under recharging time they list an option of "solar plus solar" which uses an additional charging controller D050S
for 700 watts max of solar. Does this mean if I get the controller for each battery I can hook up another 700 watts of panels to each battery in addition to the main system's array? Or does the battery have to be disconnected in order to use the 700w charging setup?

Thanks!

Be best to post the question on the BLUETTI Community site (forum) for a clear answer from one of their reps, unless someone has tried exactly what you suggest. In theory it should work but would want to be sure before making a sizeable purchase.

It also says to disconnect the AC300 after charging in the B300 brochure but all the marketing says you can Solar charge the B300. Be careful because I may have blow up my mppt.

Back