diy solar

diy solar

My experience with the Bluetti AC300

Selfmadestrom

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experiences with the AC300 + B300 combination with you.

Basically, you don't need much to get started. The AC300 combines an MPPT charge controller and an inverter in a compact design. It is therefore ideal for people who have little space and cannot or do not necessarily want to set up the MPPT and inverter separately

In addition to various DC outputs such as USB and 12V or 24V outputs, the unit has a sufficiently powerful inverter with 3000W output power. I only had one scenario where this was not sufficient. This was an infrared radiant heater, which requires approx. 3200W at the highest level. Otherwise, I had no problems with it.

In addition to the various inputs, the AC300 also offers the option of charging the connected B300 batteries via two power sources. On the one hand via a power grid with the included AC shockproof plug and on the other hand via a considerable solar input to enjoy emission-free electricity.

The solar input or the integrated dual MPPT controller can accept solar panels up to 150V 12A per input. The input is limited to a maximum of 2400W, which is really impressive. The AC input can be regulated in 1A steps as required. In my case, the AC300 was preset to 10A. This corresponds to 2300W power, which could then be drawn via the AC input.

For more in-depth technical information on the AC300 + B300 combination, you are welcome to watch one of my videos. You can find these linked further down in this article.

For everyone of you who searching for a reliable UPS, the AC300 is also a great option to consider in my opnion. UPS or USV stands for uninterruptible power supply. This functionality allows you to operate your favorite device worry-free, even in the event of a power failure. Basically, a UPS works very simply.With regard to the AC300, it is connected to a normal socket in your home with the AC cable and your favorite device is connected to one of the AC300 sockets.The battery level is kept at a configured value and then supplies your device directly with power from your home socket. The advantage is that if the public power grid is not available, the AC300 immediately switches to battery operation without any noticeable interruption.Your device will continue to operate without any restrictions.Great, isn't it?

What do i use it for?

I use the AC300 as a solar storage unit. My primary application for the AC300 is the storage of solar energy from larger solar panels. Small power stations often have the problem that the solar input is very limited.The power supply units supplied either provide more or at least constant power.For this reason, I like to charge many of my smaller power stations like the Bluetti EB55 via the AC300.

Another scenario for a main storage unit would also be places like forest huts, without their own power connection.The AC300 can also be integrated into an existing home network via the socket.The only restriction here is that the power supply is only single-phase. This means that certain appliances such as ovens cannot be operated with it.

Happy Solar Farming!

Erik

Last edited:
Back