diy solar

diy solar

New Bluetti AC300 learn how it works with me.

Kremer

I made a couple videos while learning about my new Bluetti AC300, I figured they might be useful to others. I had no idea how PV priority and the architecture of this thing functioned until actually messing with it, despite actively looking for that info. Here is the first video:

Another I made of the AC300 backfeeding my whole house critical loads in an outage type situation. I tried this all for the first time on video. I was impressed by the fortitude of this thing. I gave it the beans and it held an overload far longer than I thought it would and didn’t shut down. It also multiplied the output of my single inverter generator, letting the engine run at constant load while also taking in solar and feeding the varying loads of the house. This is exactly what I was hoping it would do and why I pursued getting one.

In this last video I take it portable and run a bunch of power tools and such. It’s a boss and runs everything with ease of course. I would not hesitate to use this as portable power for a light construction or remodel project:

Any other ideas of things I can try with the AC300?

Hi Kremer, I’d love to see if the 2.4kw Solar input limit can be increased safely.

Hi Kremer, I’d love to see if the 2.4kw Solar input limit can be increased safely.
That's all the built in controllers on the head unit will take. You can however add solar to the B300 battery, it will take 200W directly connected, then up to 500W via a D050S Charge enhancer (external MPPT) connected to the AC adapter charge port. For up to 700W total input directly to each battery. If you had four B300 batteries, and a LOT of wiring, you could get to 2400 + 4*700 = 5,200W of Solar input.

Back