diy solar

diy solar

Help with Bluetti AC300 charging

jeffster1978

I have an issue that I hope you can help me with. So I have two 36 volt Step Up converters wired in parallel that I charge up my AC180 and a AC300 from a 12 volt battery. I recently built a 48 volt step-up converter to charge my AC300 exclusively. So here is my issue.. 48v step-up converter will easily charge my AC180 at 475 W no problem. However when I try to run it on the AC300 the voltage and wattage are crazy erratic. Meaning the voltage and watts are jumping all over the place a mile a minute. I am charging it through the solar charging inputs and no matter what I do or what setting I put it on it will not work. The funny thing is it will work on the AC180. And the 36 V step-up converter will work just fine on both. What possibly could be the problem?? My AC300 apparently is allowed to take in 2400 watts of solar charging. And I know there is no way there is an over voltage because it is reading 48 volts and it would be nowhere near close to 2400 Watts input. Any suggestions cuz I'm pulling my hair out! LOL Thanks.

What voltage and current does the AC180 show on the solar input when charging via the 48V converter at 475W?

The AC300 will pull up to 12A when set as PV input. Is there a chance your converter looses stability and the voltage collapses as the AC300 tries to ramp up? As far as I can tell if the input is set to "Others" it will limit at 8.5A draw. Does that do the same thing?

I have an issue that I hope you can help me with. So I have two 36 volt Step Up converters wired in parallel that I charge up my AC180 and a AC300 from a 12 volt battery. I recently built a 48 volt step-up converter to charge my AC300 exclusively. So here is my issue.. 48v step-up converter will easily charge my AC180 at 475 W no problem. However when I try to run it on the AC300 the voltage and wattage are crazy erratic. Meaning the voltage and watts are jumping all over the place a mile a minute. I am charging it through the solar charging inputs and no matter what I do or what setting I put it on it will not work. The funny thing is it will work on the AC180. And the 36 V step-up converter will work just fine on both. What possibly could be the problem?? My AC300 apparently is allowed to take in 2400 watts of solar charging. And I know there is no way there is an over voltage because it is reading 48 volts and it would be nowhere near close to 2400 Watts input. Any suggestions cuz I'm pulling my hair out! LOL Thanks.
Try to set AC300 charging mode to “others”.

Back