diy solar

diy solar

new to solar- panel array advice on bluetti ac300 pls

phairest

hey all, I'm new to solar and going cross-eyed trying to plan my panel arrays to go with my new bluetti ac300 + b300. Manual says it has two solar charge controllers, each of which can take a max of 1200 watts, 150v, and 12a (right? https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0536/3390/8911/files/BLUETTI_AC300.pdf?v=1672305785 pg 21)

I thought this seemed like a good deal on panels https://signaturesolar.com/ne-solar-370w-mono-solar-panel-nesw-370mh-m6-black/ 370 watt, 41 volt, 11.42 amp (again pls check me- idk if I'm reading the right numbers)

is that a good price, and a suitable panel to use with my ac300 to max out it's solar input? In any case I have limited electrical know-how so have nfc how to arrange panels correctly. I've tried to learn from vids/articles but it's a lot and I don't want to fry something so looking for help please. If I'm understanding right you can exceed the wattage limit (overpanel) to increase odds of getting full power the controller can absorb, but the voltage is a hard limit you must stay below - correct? And idk if/how amps figure in the equation..?

So speaking per controller on the ac300, I think putting 4 of the panels in series would be bad bc that would be exceeding the voltage limit, right? Could I get a branch connector and put 2 in series on 2 parallels to solve the voltage issue? Or what's the best arrangement with these panels, or if the panels aren't a good fit what should I be looking for instead? TIA!!

P.S. System will be in florida so won't get very cold

Three of those in series on each of the two MPPT inputs would be a good setup. 123Voc so some headroom for cold weather on the 150V input. 1110W nominal x2 = 2220W total. Yes you could overpanel by doing another three in parallel (for 3S2P) on one of both controller inputs. It wouldn't make much if any more at peak sun on clear days, but you would make a lot more in the off hours and through clouds. Yes, Voltage is the hard limit, volts get shoved downstream and can damage things. Amps though: the MPPT will only take the amps it wants, regardless of if more are available.

Back