diy solar

diy solar

Cheap LifePo4 dropin battery in NZ - can you have a look please

ianganderton

Auckland, NZ
Just come across these http://sunnytech.co.nz/product/12v-100ah-lithium-iron-phosphate-lifepo4-battery/

At NZ$599 they seem like good value for money. They are similar to what I would be able to build myself for around the cost of building them myself

1596870632922.png

1596870845897.png

I'm considering the 200Ah version for NZ$1200

Can anyone identify the components? Cells and the BMS? The little monitor looks like a neat idea if it works

This looks like any number of prepacked batteries coming out of China. These are pretty generic in general. I looked at the website and there is nothing significant or outstanding on any of it. For NZ, the shipping is a serious ouch as well and somehow I don't think that price includes shipping & duties/taxes ec.

For comparison purposes: $ 1,000 NZD = $ 660.60 USD at todays rates.

From looking at their specs, note the BMS low volt cutoff @ 9.2V for a 12V pack it SHOULD be no lower than 10.00V or 2.5V per cell. They appear to be using standard aluminium cased 100AH cells. Their 12V/200AH is using paralleled cells it seems.

12V requires 4 cells:
4x 105AH cells from Luyan = $136.24 USD / $206.26 NZD+ S&H&Duties/taxes
4x 202AH cells from Luyan = $291.60 USD / $441.42 NZD + "
4x 280AH cells from Luyan = $481.68 USD / $698.89 NZD + "
Link to Known Good Vendor: https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html

The BMS they appear to be using is the ANT BMS (no way to know for sure unless it's in your hand) which for this size pack would be around $100 USD or so.

For NZ, the shipping is a serious ouch as well and somehow I don't think that price includes shipping & duties/taxes ect

They are available from stock at local supplier, one I'm probably going to get my panels off, so the price is 100% in my hand. Also means I have the consumer protection of buying local plus no investment in time or tooling.

They are available from stock at local supplier, one I'm probably going to get my panels off, so the price is 100% in my hand. Also means I have the consumer protection of buying local plus no investment in time or tooling.
Go for it. There's a lot to be said for local bricks & mortar suppliers.
Buy a low voltage cutoff and set for 11.0 volts and you're good to go.

From another Kiwi...
Well, a late reply but I installed 2 of SunnyTech's 200AHr 12V batteries 5 months ago (for yacht house bank) and I'm very pleased. I did a capacity test eaarly on and found well over 200AHr in each. I'm following Will Prowse's long-life charging suggestions. Only thing is, there's so much sun!
Hope you have yours and are happy with them.
KJU

Back