diy solar

diy solar

Code 04

Sik-wit-it

Help please battery keeps getting disconnected but showing 26v when I check but also says over voltage what can be causing this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325-115905_1.png
    Screenshot_20240325-115905_1.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
The attached pic shows the alarm to be associated with an Under-voltage condition not over??
In any case, the Battery Management System is monitoring individual cell voltages, not bulk battery voltage. So it is quite possible that one cell has exceeded 3.65V which will disable charging while the sum of all 8 cells is indeed 26V.

What are your charging set point values. Voltage & Current. How long does it normally take for the battery to get fully charged. Its possible charge current should be lower so the BMS has more time to balance the cells.

The attached pic shows the alarm to be associated with an Under-voltage condition not over??
In any case, the Battery Management System is monitoring individual cell voltages, not bulk battery voltage. So it is quite possible that one cell has exceeded 3.65V which will disable charging while the sum of all 8 cells is indeed 26V.

What are your charging set point values. Voltage & Current. How long does it normally take for the battery to get fully charged. Its possible charge current should be lower so the BMS has more time to balance the cells.
Thank you for responding so what do I do at this point if one of the cells are higher than the rest how do I correct it I'm charging at 30amp set to 28v full and 21v low to be recharged so how do I correct it to balance the batteries out if it is one cell?

The battery management system usually has some type of cell balancing circuit, either passive or active.
Since there is no information about your battery with regard to Amp Hour capacity or Type, I will assume its an 8 cell, LiFePO4 with 100Ah capacity.

Try lowing the charging set up to 27V & 15A and let the battery charge Float charge for several hours then turn up the voltage to 27.5V and let it Float charge for another few hours. Finally increase to 28V and let the battery float for another couple of hours.

If the high voltage alarm comes on at any time reduce the voltage and let the battery float for a few more hours. Many BMS balancers can take a long time to rebalance the cells.

The battery management system usually has some type of cell balancing circuit, either passive or active.
Since there is no information about your battery with regard to Amp Hour capacity or Type, I will assume its an 8 cell, LiFePO4 with 100Ah capacity.

Try lowing the charging set up to 27V & 15A and let the battery charge Float charge for several hours then turn up the voltage to 27.5V and let it Float charge for another few hours. Finally increase to 28V and let the battery float for another couple of hours.

If the high voltage alarm comes on at any time reduce the voltage and let the battery float for a few more hours. Many BMS balancers can take a long time to rebalance the cells.

I'm using two 12 volt LiPo 4 batteries each battery is 400 amp hours running in series for 24 volts with the powmr 3000w hybrid inverter I'm not sure how to setup for float charge I thought Lipo4 batteries couldn't be flow charged maybe I'm wrong but I don't know how to set it up for that

I'm using two 12 volt LiPo 4 batteries each battery is 400 amp hours running in series for 24 volts with the powmr 3000w hybrid inverter I'm not sure how to setup for float charge I thought Lipo4 batteries couldn't be flow charged maybe I'm wrong but I don't know how to set it up for that
IMG_20240326_212534.jpgIMG_20240326_212408.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326-212849_1.png
    Screenshot_20240326-212849_1.png
    978.3 KB · Views: 6
Each battery has its own BMS so there is no way to truly top balance both batteries while connected in series. Best way would be to reconnect them in parallel and float charge at 13.7V for 24hrs.

The Pic shows 2 inverters and 4 batteries connected to 1 breaker panel. Are the 2 inverters independent or are they stacked for 6,000W either at 120V or 240V split phase? If so, they should share a common battery bank and all 4 batteries should be top balanced while connected in parallel then rewired to 24V. This would be considered a 2S2P configuration.

From your images it would appear your battery wiring is substantially undersized for 250 amps ( 6000 watts of inverters ) and series stacking battery's with separate BMS is problematic at best.

Each battery has its own BMS so there is no way to truly top balance both batteries while connected in series. Best way would be to reconnect them in parallel and float charge at 13.7V for 24hrs.

The Pic shows 2 inverters and 4 batteries connected to 1 breaker panel. Are the 2 inverters independent or are they stacked for 6,000W either at 120V or 240V split phase? If so, they should share a common battery bank and all 4 batteries should be top balanced while connected in parallel then rewired to 24V. This would be considered a 2S2P configuration.
No 2 batteries for each inverter 1 inverter for L1 and the other for L2 they are not tied together I added a second panel each inver us 120vi was just showing the hook up but 2 batteries for each inver don't want to confuse you but the issue is with the 2 batteries in the picture u sent the issue is with the 2 12v batteries that's in series

No 2 batteries for each inverter 1 inverter for L1 and the other for L2 they are not tied together I added a second panel each inver us 120vi was just showing the hook up but 2 batteries for each inver don't want to confuse you but the issue is with the 2 batteries in the picture u sent the issue is with the 2 12v batteries that's in series
How do I float charge them at 13.7 volts if you can tell me that I might can get them back to normal if it works just let me know what to do and I do have a plug in lipo battery charger that I can set the voltage to whatever it needs to be at

My inverters is 3000 watts each not 6,000 they are not tied together and 2 batteries for each inverter it's how I have it set up but the inverter itself says use number 2awg anything thicker than that I cannot get to fit in the inverter with the lug clamps

I do have a plug in lipo battery charger that I can set the voltage to whatever it needs to be at
Yesterday at 7:08 pm I wrote this. "Best way would be to reconnect them in parallel and float charge at 13.7V for 24hrs."

Seems like the 2 statements above are in fact the answer to your query, "let me know what to do".

Yesterday at 7:08 pm I wrote this. "Best way would be to reconnect them in parallel and float charge at 13.7V for 24hrs."

Seems like the 2 statements above are in fact the answer to your query, "let me know what to do".
Ok I just put the 2 batteries in parallel 2 12v 400ah and I have a lithium battery charger am I charging the batteries to full 14v? Or if you can tell me what to set the charger on as far as amps and volts to charge the batteries I'm not sure what to do also as far as float charge at 13.7v what do I need to do to do that with my battery charger

Depends on your charger. Does it have user adjustable settings or is it a fixed voltage device? Go ahead and let the batteries charge at 14V.

Do you have any way of verifying both batteries are taking current and neither BMS triggered a high cell voltage cut out?
I'm not familiar with the Li Time brand specifically with regard to its BMS having Bluetooth communication capability or maybe some alarm LED's so you know what's going on.

Depends on your charger. Does it have user adjustable settings or is it a fixed voltage device? Go ahead and let the batteries charge at 14V.

Do you have any way of verifying both batteries are taking current and neither BMS triggered a high cell voltage cut out?
I'm not familiar with the Li Time brand specifically with regard to its BMS having Bluetooth communication capability or maybe some alarm LED's so you know what's going on.
The batteries are not Bluetooth and the charger does have adjustable settings for voltage and amps.
The message I got was code 04 battery under voltage stop discharge and the breaker tripped and battery disconnected from inverter and it went to utility backup not sure what battery it could be if you want I can try charging each battery one at a time
I just need to know what to put the settings on the battery charger

Yes, that is a good idea to charge one at a time so is easier to diagnose the issue if one comes up.

Charge at 13.7V. Unless the charger is capable of delivering more than 80A you can leave the amps setting at max. Those are 400Ah batteries so 80 charging amps is still only 0.2C. The current will fall off as the batteries reach full charge.

Back