diy solar

diy solar

Combine LiTime/Redodo 24v clones

solarstuff

I have two clone-brand batteries a LiTime and a Redodo, both with identical capacity.

One is older, and one is within the last month.

I understand the chemistries will mimic the lower performer of the two, but if the sum total is still a good percentage of the total amount available despite that loss, is there any reason I can't individually top both up and wire them together to work together with my Growatt AIO?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0BG88PFTD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

You can place them in Parallel without issues.
I understand the chemistries will mimic the lower performer of the two,
This is a Lead Acid Battery remnant, forget it ! LFP is controlled by the BMS's and not subject to that nonsense in the same way...
!! Make sure the batteries are at near identical voltage when adding the new battery in. Otherwise there will be a major in-rush for one of the lowest volt battery, that could be bad.
Make sure the battery wires to common DC Busbars are of equal wire length. This excludes fuses/breaker etc.
Fuse each battery, if they are 100AH batteries, then use 100A fuses.

Generic design for Paralled AIO's & Paralleled battery packs in a bank.
Parallel System-with AIOs setup PNG.png

You can place them in Parallel without issues.

This is a Lead Acid Battery remnant, forget it ! LFP is controlled by the BMS's and not subject to that nonsense in the same way...
!! Make sure the batteries are at near identical voltage when adding the new battery in. Otherwise there will be a major in-rush for one of the lowest volt battery, that could be bad.
Make sure the battery wires to common DC Busbars are of equal wire length. This excludes fuses/breaker etc.
Fuse each battery, if they are 100AH batteries, then use 100A fuses.

Generic design for Paralled AIO's & Paralleled battery packs in a bank.
View attachment 185677
Thanks for your help!

Back