diy solar

diy solar

Combining heated/non heated SOK Batteries

Montanaflyer

Just finished watching Will's test YouTube video tearing down various "inexpensive" 12 volt batteries (he is amazing and I have learned so much from him). During the video he also looks inside a new SOK 12 volt with built in heaters and bluetooth.

Last year I setup my initial off grid system with 2 12 volt SOK 100AH batteries wired in series for 24 volts and it worked great. Long term I am building an off grid cabin and over the winter I purchased 2 more 100 AH SOK batteries with bluetooth and heaters thinking that in Montana heaters are probably a good thing...considering it is currently 19 degrees and feels like 8 degrees outside ... I think I was right... then I saw Will's video. My hope is over the spring, summer and fall to have the 4 batteries (two with heaters and two without) batteries wired in a 2S2P. The problem is when the heaters kick on they are going to get out of balance. While each battery has it's own internal BMS I believe I need to add an external BMS. Most of the BMS I am seeing assume they are going to be used internally with individuals cells. Would someone mind pointing me to a good BMS that I can use with a 2S2p configuration.

Thank You! I apologize if this has been asked before; I looked but may not have understood if I missed it.

I sure appreciate the help!
Andy

I have 2 with “no heaters” and need 2 more…
Maybe we could work out a swap?

So is it possible/safe to connect 2 -non heated… and 2 heated.
2S2P

I am thinking of doing this with a mppt2424
24v.

Back