diy solar

diy solar

configure GEL batteries for LV6548

44bburgess

I have 48 12v/200ah batteries. I have the configured in 7 sets of 4 for 48v each and these 7 are in parallel to give me 1400ah. This config only gives me about 10 to 12hours of battery usage before going back to utility power. Is this OK? Or should I have 4 in series to give me 48v and the rest in Parallel to give me more AH's? Also, I have set the low DC cut-off at 46.4v.

I have 48 12v/200ah batteries. I have the configured in 7 sets of 4 for 48v each and these 7 are in parallel to give me 1400ah.

Soudds like you have a 7P4S bank.

This config only gives me about 10 to 12hours of battery usage before going back to utility power. Is this OK?

Depends.

Are you properly charging these GEL batteries to the manufacturer specifications? GEL batteries can easily be over charged and damaged.
Are you compensating for changes in temperature?
Are the four "12V" batteries all at the same voltage when you are at peak charge voltage AND 46.4V?

Or should I have 4 in series to give me 48v and the rest in Parallel to give me more AH's?

There is no way you can arrange a given set of batteries at the same voltage to get more Ah. The preferred method is a 4S7P arrangement where each of the individual 12V can be checked without influence of other parallel batteries. Four batteries in series - 7 groups of 4 all in parallel only at the ends.

Also, I have set the low DC cut-off at 46.4v.

This may or may not be okay. It depends on the load and the battery specification.

Do you have a battery monitor?

diy solar

diy solar
Back