diy solar

diy solar

CONFUSED ABOUT BMS AND LOW TEMP SHUTDOWN

moonlitsouls

ok so im running a victron multiplus and overkill solar bms paired with a 4s lithium battery , its stating to get hot , so i started running the ac in short bursts but the wierdest thing is happening , itll shut down and the BMS is claiming "under temp shutdown" or whatever , as in its too cold lol ?! meanwhile the other temp sensor is at 100F , so i have two temp sensors , and i watch them both going up and up , when they get up above 100F , i see the BMS shut it down and then temp one all the sudden shows -22F !!!

yes as in like below freezing , any idea whats happenings ? its hot as hell i need this fixed

If you have 2 sensors swap their connections on the bms. If it shows cold on the opposite connections you'll know you need a new thermistor wire.

If you have 2 sensors swap their connections on the bms. If it shows cold on the opposite connections you'll know you need a new thermistor wire.
ok good thinking , but in the meantime i need a work around because im not going to be able to mess with these sensors until next week. Maybe i just remove the LOW temp disconnect completely , but how?

I know on a Daly bms you can turn the temperature sensor off in the settings. You just change temp sensor from 1 to 0 and it turns it off.

I know on a Daly bms you can turn the temperature sensor off in the settings. You just change temp sensor from 1 to 0 and it turns it off.
ok cool im going to play with the temp sensor settings , thanks for the help , must be a problem with the sensor

Back