diy solar

diy solar

Connecting EG46500ex and EG46000XP to the same batteries

Colormaker

I have dual EG46500EX in split phase connected to 10 lifepower batteries. i just got an EG46000XP for testing and want to connect to the 10 lifepower batteries but I am not sure if its safe. The EG46000XP will also have 10 370W solar panels connected. The EG46500EX uses the battery comms to control charging but not sure If I can use the same method simultaneously. I have asked the same question to Signature solar but no one is replying. Does anyone have suggestions?

This would not be recommended, but if you were to do this I would follow DIYrich advice and also I would use the user define settings for charging and discharging. These inverters are not programmed to work together so there may be some unforeseen issues.

Set the charge and discharge rates so that if both systems are maxing out, you don't overload the battery.

Assume 300 amp max charge rate, set each system to charge no faster than 150 amps.
Adam, Ive followed your youtube. I had a great crash with the 6500ex. Its been running great for 1.5 years and when I powered the system down to add 3 more lifepower 4 batteries the system now reset evey few hours. The charge rate is stuck on 20 amps even though I have 6 batteries. I installed the 3 new lifepower but did bot connect the bms cable or switch them on. 6000xp is still in the box. Signature solar said since there is no solar generation the charge rate will stay at 20 but when solar is available it will automatically increase charge rate. This sounds wrong but I will have to wait until sunrise to be sure. I also found out the 6500ex has been discontinued. Hope your big blues are doing well its always informative to watch your channel.

diy solar

diy solar
Back