diy solar

diy solar

Connecting the first panel in the series string to a charge controller and on grid inverter

SolarWindBoy

Hi

I am in the process of designing my solar array and had a question regarding using a charge controller to power a small battery as well as a grid tie inverter.

I am planning on using the AE700TME-132BDS:
  • Power = 700W
  • Voc = 50.13V
  • Isc = 17.43A

Using these I want to make a 22.4kW array utilising a 16S2P configuration. In my garden, I have a 24V battery and I would like to use solar power to recharge this battery before exporting the rest of the power to the grid. To do this I was thinking of making a custom cable to connect the first and the second solar panel. This solar cable would allow the first panel to also be connected to a charge controller and then to a small 24V battery.

I am not sure I have described this very well so I have made the following diagram:

1699634855486.png

Would this be possible?

I was thinking of using a charge controller like this: https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en...ls-up-to-700W-12V--1400W-24V-up-to-100V-.html

As it seemed to be suitable for the voltage/current output of the panels I will be using.

I will be very appreciative of any help that you can offer with this question! Or if there is a much better alternative that you can think of? This was opposed to having a dedicated panel that just charges the battery.

Thank you!

Back