diy solar

diy solar

Connecting Victron Quattro 48/5000 to an EV charging station

Inajam

What I have: Victron Quattro 48/5000 charge inverter, Fortress Power eFlex 5.4 KW LFP 48V battery, 1260 W solar array feeding into a Victron MMPT. Typical Victron Link distributor and a couple of step-down chargers to go to 12 and 24V.

I also have a 30A AC in power cord for the Quattro. When I have to, I use this to just charge up my battery.

What I'd like to do/add: I want to be able to connect to an EV charging station (with adapters).

Looking for guidance if this is possible and if so, how?

Are you in US? Is yours US 120v or EU 230v? I have the same inverter but have 2 of them configured in split phase 240v. Have a 50a/240v buddy plug for other RVs and have charged my daughters Tesla with it. Actually when she's home she uses it to charge and we have 28a/240V shore from my house to the inverters then she sets her charger to 25a or so and it'll charge. I then have logic on the inverters to turn off out2 (the buddy plug) when SOC is below 50%. This way if my RV uses more power it'll just turn her charger off. Hasn't happened yet though.

If you just have 1 and its 120v then you'd need to use a 120v charger. Idk if they make 30a 120v EV charger or if you're stuck with 20a/120v (2400w)

US
I am looking to use the EV charging station to charge my battery via the victron quattro.

Back