Mkbrandt

I have the following Victron items for sale, all in nearly new condition:

Quattro 48/15000
100A autotransformer
MPPT 450/200 charge controller
Lynx power in-shunt-distributor stack
Cerbo GX
GX Touch 70

All in all about $9000 cost to me plus shipping to Hawaii (ouch!)

I’m willing to split the shipping costs to the mainland to find a good home for this stuff. Nothing wrong with any of it but a small 117/123 imbalance in the autotransformer.

Asking $7500 for the whole setup or make an offer.

Matt

I believe that this imbalance is per designed.
This autotransformer is designed to create split-phase from a 120v input. Moving the center tap slightly to compensate for voltage sag under load.
Just my guess, as Victron says that it's normal.

If you have an off grid setup the imbalance in the AT is of no consequence. In my case I wanted it to do hybrid mode and have an inseverable ground neutral bond in the house somewhere. This caused large neutral currents even with the main feed breaker off due to the line voltages being pegged to the utility and it trying to move neutral off center. I was unable to get signature solar or Victron to honor a warranty return so I replaced it with an AiO that is working brilliantly.

I don’t really think the 230V system with the AT is a good engineering solution for the North American grid.

If you have an off grid setup the imbalance in the AT is of no consequence. In my case I wanted it to do hybrid mode and have an inseverable ground neutral bond in the house somewhere. This caused large neutral currents even with the main feed breaker off due to the line voltages being pegged to the utility and it trying to move neutral off center. I was unable to get signature solar or Victron to honor a warranty return so I replaced it with an AiO that is working brilliantly.

I don’t really think the 230V system with the AT is a good engineering solution for the North American grid.
Mine blew up every surge protector in my house and all LED lights in my garage.

It was promptly replaced.

Your Victron Autotransformer did that?
Yep.

Now, I’m unable to prove how and why it did that, I firmly believe it was wired correctly but don’t know how it could have interacted with the existing neutral in the home (main breaker was off).

I was using it to take a 120v inverter and make split phase 120/240 which is covered in the manual. Meter tested out correctly, powered my garage mini split just fine but as soon as I let it connect to the whole house it didn’t work out.

That’s alright, I’ve got a Sol-Ark handling things now. Maybe I just had a defective unit, or maybe I did something stupid. I can’t prove it one way or another.

Yep.

Now, I’m unable to prove how and why it did that, I firmly believe it was wired correctly but don’t know how it could have interacted with the existing neutral in the home (main breaker was off).

I was using it to take a 120v inverter and make split phase 120/240 which is covered in the manual. Meter tested out correctly, powered my garage mini split just fine but as soon as I let it connect to the whole house it didn’t work out.

That’s alright, I’ve got a Sol-Ark handling things now. Maybe I just had a defective unit, or maybe I did something stupid. I can’t prove it one way or another.
Damn. I’ve been on the fence about getting one to start with for stationary step-up configuration.

Damn. I’ve been on the fence about getting one to start with for stationary step-up configuration.
Don’t let me talk you out of it, I personally just don’t be using one.

Too much black magic for me. I love victron equipment, but after it’s all said and done I’d rather just have two inverters.

I don’t really want to sit on this equipment for a long time so I’m open to crazy offers. I expect shipping to the mainland to be about $600 (that’s what it took to ship here) so factor that in. If you’re a Victron fan this could be a great deal. I’ll lower the asking price the $6500 but make an offer if you think that’s too high.

Sorry for hijacking your post but what did u end up replacing this with? Im also in Hawaii and looking at the new EG4 18k PV with the powerpro ESS 14.3 kwh battery but shipping might be a killer. Thanks

Back