diy solar

diy solar

Connecting whole house serge protection w"feeder tap"

Bananaman321

⚡solar idiot ⚡
Wondering where would be the best place to connect "siemens fsd-100 serge protector" to "whole house backup with supply side tap"
Normally this would be to the main panel where "earth ground neutral bond" is located but this does not protect the inverter from grid L1,L2, serges witch is one of the main pieces of equipment I'm trying to protect by installing this.
My thoughts were to install to main disconnect between inverter and feeder tap and run neutral wire back to main buss terminal witch is close enough to reach with included wiring,
Or directly to the inverter grid tie lugs, neutral, and ground buss bars witch are only 5' of wire length away from main bonded panel.
Seguestions welcome

Wondering where would be the best place to connect "siemens fsd-100 serge protector" to "whole house backup with supply side tap"
Normally this would be to the main panel where "earth ground neutral bond" is located but this does not protect the inverter from grid L1,L2, serges witch is one of the main pieces of equipment I'm trying to protect by installing this.
My thoughts were to install to main disconnect between inverter and feeder tap and run neutral wire back to main buss terminal witch is close enough to reach with included wiring,
Or directly to the inverter grid tie lugs, neutral, and ground buss bars witch are only 5' of wire length away from main bonded panel.
Seguestions welcome

I have 3 SPDs installed, outside meter panel that had 1 2-pole space, EMP-Shield 240v

1 in my 125 amp main service panel, small Square D 2-pole plug in

HOMLINE spd in main grid panel.jpg

1 outside my CLP, Siemens FS140 to a 30amp breaker

they are additive in that they will dampen surges as the surge proceeds

here is my Siemens FS140 on the outside upper left of my CLP with the 2 green status lights

power-wall-highlighted-jpg.219496

Last edited:
I used 3/4" flex PVC conduit on a 90 degree

to reduce space, swap out 2 20 amp breakers for this

Square D Homeline 20-amp/30-amp 2-Pole Quad Circuit Breaker
HOMT2020230CP

07681561.jpg

here is my EMP Shield outside the meter panel

2023-01-07-empshield-installed-jpg.200776

That HOMLINE was a temp beaker, it has a siemens 20 amp breaker in it now

Last edited:
No disrespect to anyone I'm still trying to figure out this form stuff this is the first one I've ever joined
And responding on a phone and tablet my newest computer is a window 7

here is my EMP Shield outside the meter panel

2023-01-07-empshield-installed-jpg.200776

That HOMLINE was a temp beaker, it has a siemens 20 amp breaker in it now
My meter feeds directly to my main breaker panel I bare handed those taps live in my underwear while backfeeding my panel from a 3000EHV-48 in the middle of the night.
Don't tell the inspector 20240604_182629.jpg20240526_022535.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back