diy solar

diy solar

Connext SW LBCO prolem

Motorskills

Hey there.

I have a connext SW inverter the the LBCO set to 48 volts.
Despite this, when my well pump goes on, the voltage can drop down to 44 sometimes.
Also, a little off topic, but when the system hits 47.5 volts, the inverter shows a fault warning of "DC under voltage" which I'm pretty sure is a useless warning.
Also when I start the generator, the lights flicker (actually the lights flicker sometimes without the generator starting).
Some time back, a solar tech came and noticed that the internal system voltage was reading 3 volts too high. I would like it if the system cut out at 46 volts (I believe that to be the correct LCBO for a 48v system). I am unable to set the LCBO above 48 volts.

LBCO is pretty important. I feel like I can't trust the inverter to keep the batteries safe. it's a very capable inverter, but if I can't trust it to cut out at the desired voltage. It puts everything at risk. The batteries, the well pump. We've fried a 2 Makita chargers and a Makita battery, we also fried a compressor motor once. It's hard to pinpoint the true cause of the damages to those particular tools; who knows, maybe we started the generator while the compressor was on once.

The only people who have tried to help us are the sales rep who sold us the system, and the solar tech. The sales rep wouldn't take the inverter back because it was 1 week past warranty expiration.

We spent the most and have the worst experience with Schneider. Shoulda gone outback.

Is there an update? Has anyone had issues with this? Any info would be appreciated.

Ps. I kinda hate my inverter

Attachments

• 20201025_090132.jpg
    20201025_090132.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20201025_085951.jpg
    20201025_085951.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3
I have the Conext SW4024/SCP/Combox/CCs. Completely off-grid as well, AC and DC coupled. So far, (5 years) operation has been very smooth and efficient, except for a bad firmware update that was my fault for not thinking the process thru - I bricked it - then Schneider tech support walked me thru bringing it back to life. You might want to check the LBCO delay setting... that can affect the low end voltage significantly. And remote meters may be deceptive, depending on where they take their voltage readings. Also, I see your SCP is set on Basic - more parameters are available in the Advanced menu. Schneider's flexibility comes at the cost of complexity - so read the manuals. It took me quite a while to get a good handle on it, and I'm still no expert. Very important to be upgraded to the latest firmware - especially on the System Control Panel - as additional setting parameters became available with recent upgrades. Careful when you upgrade - study the steps - they have to be followed exactly - and make sure you have an alternate power source available when you do - as standby setting will cut power to the system. I use a Combox for upgrades. Schneider tech support can be slow - but very good when you are patient and carefully explain your difficulties. Sign up thru the website - start a support ticket - and keep following up. Best.

Attachments

• Conext install.JPG
    Conext install.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Schneider Combox Readout.png
    Schneider Combox Readout.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 2.37.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 2.37.38 PM.png
    139 KB · Views: 3
Back