diy solar

diy solar

Correct charging volatge for yuasa AGM

shavermcspud

Solar Enthusiast
I have purchased 2x brand new 12v Yuasa L36-AGM 95AH AGM batteries in series while I await the delivery of my Lifepo4 cells from China, my old SLA freebie batteries have given up the ghost but i need to maintain my solar while my new batteries are in transit.

Linky to battery >> https://www.yuasa.co.uk/batteries/leisure-marine-garden/leisure-batteries/l36-agm-l36-agm.html

I cant for the life of me find any details on charge profile and there is nothing printed on the battery, ive emailed Yuasa but heard nothing back.

I don't want to destroy them as they will be used in an RV when the new kit arrives.

Anybody had any experience with these.

I'm currently charging at 28.2 Bulk, 27.0 float and 24v cut-off with a max amperage of 20amps with EQ disabled.

Cheers

I found a datasheet for it but there's nothing at all about charging specs in it, that's unusual for Yuasa. Even the German specs for it don't mention charging voltages, and the Germans normally detail everything right down to how you should part your hair.

IMO 20A is fine, but your voltages are a bit low. It's not a special long life battery so in cyclic use I'd normally expect the bulk (absorption target) voltage to be around 14.4 (the max spec I see on AGM is 14.7) and float 13.8.

I found a datasheet for it but there's nothing at all about charging specs in it, that's unusual for Yuasa. Even the German specs for it don't mention charging voltages, and the Germans normally detail everything right down to how you should part your hair.

IMO 20A is fine, but your voltages are a bit low. It's not a special long life battery so in cyclic use I'd normally expect the bulk (absorption target) voltage to be around 14.4 (the max spec I see on AGM is 14.7) and float 13.8.

I found it odd that a large manufacturer like Yuasa wouldn't supply the specs either. Ive taken the apporach of using a median voltage value of what I've found on the internet similar to what you have posted.

Back