diy solar

diy solar

Crazy question about Powering Existing House Panels

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts on this!

I didn't go MIA, just had a bunch of stuff to do, and now I come back and I have more homework:ROFLMAO:.

Have to admit that I rather like the idea of running a cut off/disconnect and simply powering the box with the inverter. The only 240v thing we have is an arc welder, and we don't have enough solar panels to run that no matter how many tricks I do. It doesn't see very much usage anyway, and if we needed to, we have a gas genny that can run it.

I'm going to read through all of your replies closely later on. In the interim, I have charge controller instructions in Chinglish that I have to finish decoding. Many thanks!

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts on this!

I didn't go MIA, just had a bunch of stuff to do, and now I come back and I have more homework:ROFLMAO:.

Have to admit that I rather like the idea of running a cut off/disconnect and simply powering the box with the inverter. The only 240v thing we have is an arc welder, and we don't have enough solar panels to run that no matter how many tricks I do. It doesn't see very much usage anyway, and if we needed to, we have a gas genny that can run it.

I'm going to read through all of your replies closely later on. In the interim, I have charge controller instructions in Chinglish that I have to finish decoding. Many thanks!
The problem with back feeding your house with a 120, is that only half of your house will get powered.
Pick which stuff you want to be powered, and identify that stuff like the "critical" stuff. Refrigerator, bathroom lights, TV room, etc...

So you have a clothes dryer or electric stove? Those use both 120v legs for a 240v appliance.

We have a propane cook stove and propane clothes dryer. Both take 110v. 120v, What the heck? I have to figure out why 220 is 240 and 110 is 120 when I know for a fact that the 110 from the power company is 118.

Harumph.

Back