diy solar

diy solar

Crypto mining oddity down under

nezjnr

Something new today, the old ASIC miners I have in the garage some of them were dripping water around their intake fans.

Didn't seem to be that crazy on humidity and was around 20C.

One of them definitely fried the power supply, RCBO trips if it's even plugged in, power point can be off but if I plug it in bam RCBO will trip on earth fault.

Wonder if the fans were cooling the humid air enough to make it condense...

Think I need to move an old laptop out to my generation area and plug my solar charge controller's into it, PI seems to really struggle with a lot of devices and power draw.

Also thinking I might runy panels as 2S3P 3300w instead of 2S4P 4400w, controller seems to hit 3200 max pretty regularly which I didn't think it would and the additional power can be used for AC.

I haven't had any condensation problems with my asic miners. They radiate to much heat I guess.

It didn't feel humid on the day, but google was saying it was 90%.

From what I managed to find online, you can basically mix in the exhausted heat with incoming air to remove some of the humidity.

So yesterday I checked and google was saying it was 95% didn't feel like it at all but I checked and I could see some wetness starting to form on the intake fan grilln, closed the window a lot and pulled the door mostly closed so it would heat up and that seemed to remove enough humidity so that condansate wouldn't form.

Not sure if having a large intake fan pulling air in would make the condensate form on them removing enough humidity that it won't form on the ASIC fans.

These are just some old L3's so not to worried, but an interesting problem that needs a work around.

Maybe rapid temperature change the night before caused condensation. Was it turned off that night?

Maybe rapid temperature change the night before caused condensation. Was it turned off that night

Constantly running, rapid temperature change could have happened though it can change at the drop of a hat here along with humidity.

I've taken to closing the window when humidity is getting high and letting temperature rise as it's blowing the heat back, seem to stop the humidity from forming condensation on the intake fan.

Back