diy solar

diy solar

Cummins LiFePO4 battery packs to power heavy equipment

Tuckles

Anyone have any expierience with these, they make several sizes including a 74kwh

Don't see that they indicate LFP. They just say Lithium-ion, which generally refers to non-LFP chemistry. The datasheet I linked above indicates NMC chemistry, likely 12S at least on that 4.4kWh version. As @Supervstech indicated, they are likely not budget friendly.

I've seen variability even under the same chemistry label, 3.6-3.75V nominal, and I wouldn't trust a press release to publish the actual nominal voltage. Most refer to 4S LFP as 12V even though it's 12.8V.

I have these very batteries! However, for the life of me, I can't figure out the best way to put them to work. Plus... I'm concerned about storing them in my home because of the chemistry. I'm brand new at this, so may just be over-precautious.

Check out my post regarding this subject: Battery Identification and Recommendations

These are the cells within:

BM44E-hi-res (002).jpeg

Lithium Ion_pack.jpg

I'ts difficult for me to say what their nominal is, but the writing on the pack says 3.7V. Although most of the cells in the packs I have are at 3.01V when I acquired them.

It appears they're arranged in 4 x 7/14p, but can only be placed in parallel or series with their custom buss bars and attachments (I've yet to figure this part out). I'm hesitant to dismantle the pack... but it seems like the only way to be sure.

By the way, It's taking me forever to get these things to a state of 4.0V charge... 3 days now on a charger for just 1/4 of 1 pack.

Any suggestions?

Back