diy solar

diy solar

Current Connected Service and Support

mtnman1

Just wanted to say what great support Dexter and Current Connected have provided. I'm a relative novice with no background other than what I've learned from Will's videos and everything I've learned here on the forums. I've built two or three smaller systems but have finally decided to try and make the leap to putting in a system for the house. I had sort of settled on the EG4 18Kpv and asked Dexter for some perspective. He had good things to say about the unit, and was very thorough in giving me all the pros and cons. Ultimately after he and I talked I settled on the Sol-Ark 15K. I just received the 15K today. Unfortunately, it will be a while until I get the other components all set up but can't wait to get this all up and running. From everything I've seen Dexter has always gone above and beyond and he certainly did in helping me. That was the reason I chose CC in the first place.

I talked to Jason the other day at current connected, support staff is helpful and knows their stuff. I cannot recommend currentconnected enough. I think one of the major issues is figuring out the UL9450A UL9450 stuff in what jurisdictions so installers, solar companies can do their job. One company in my town in Northern CA just let all of their solar guys go this month and shut-down as nem 3.0 is killing their business model. Another one who is a neighbor of mine in a business park is going to have to downsize as well- I would suspect some solar equipment is going to get downright cheap (mainly panels) in the near future and it's almost like the solar industry is going to have to restart in CA w/ nem 3.0 and battery systems. Right now it appears it's all a huge mess (probably intentionally) while the PUC raises rates (i'm now at .58c kwh from 4-9pm) and limiting the battery storage size is a big problem. Pretty much looking at now building an off-grid system w/ grid charging as needed. It's expensive but so is power where i'm located on PG&E. If I lived in certain parts of Georgia off-peak charging is sub 3c kwh for batteries and EV's.

Back