diy solar

diy solar

DC House 24v 100ah ($393)

Are these pouch batteries? Do you have any of these? I'm looking to add another 200AH to my 24V system and these are priced right.

I just charged up a pair of the 12v 100Ah. One of them took a couple of trys to get to full charge, but both now seem to be fine.

I found a reference to Eco-Worthy in their manual, so, maybe they are just a relable?

I just charged up a pair of the 12v 100Ah. One of them took a couple of trys to get to full charge, but both now seem to be fine.

I found a reference to Eco-Worthy in their manual, so, maybe they are just a relable?
That's what I'm thinking, I found a thread on another form a couple months ago that was saying originally that Eco-Worthy was a Canadian brand that was not available in America.

Maybe DC House is just the American subsidiary?
But since reading that forum I've bought plenty of EcoWorthy stuff with no problem, so who knows?

I know nothing about them whatsoever except for what is in the listing.

They're just a good deal to my relatively untrained eye.💁‍♀️👍
I have one of the ecoworthy versions of this. Got it for $409 from Amazon when it had a small sale. Used it at both 24V and 48V in series, no problems. Massively smaller than my full size djlb, will fit in a packout, though it actually feels heavier when moving around due to how dense it is.

20240324_165506.jpg

20240301_142920.jpg

20240221_103626.jpg

What did you do to get it to fully charge? I've got two EcoWorthy 12.8V 150Ah which are great, unfortunately a little unbalanced, fully rested on what I believe to be a full charge, one will be at 13.51V and the other closer to 13.70V. The "weaker" of the two seems to cut out sooner when absorbing, just wondering what you did with the one you mentioned. EcoWorthy told me 13.50V is considered fully charged and I believe it, it just means the other battery is a super star :) I'm using them in 2S for a 25.6V 150Ah system and would love to get them a little closer.

I've found I need to bump out my absorb to 4 hours and just let them sit on the sccs to do their balancing, especially when new.

I've found I need to bump out my absorb to 4 hours and just let them sit on the sccs to do their balancing, especially when new.
Gotcha, what voltage (per cell) are you absorbing at? I used a fast bulk charger and didn't stop soon enough and when I tried to absorb with a charger that does that properly it was a little too late. My preferred charge and absorb vpc is 3.55V. I'm early game, don't yet have solar (and in turn no solar charger), just playing around with bats for now (tho basic v0.1 solar could come at any time, will probably grab some used gear locally first just to mess around with).

What did you do to get it to fully charge? I've got two EcoWorthy 12.8V 150Ah which are great, unfortunately a little unbalanced, fully rested on what I believe to be a full charge, one will be at 13.51V and the other closer to 13.70V. The "weaker" of the two seems to cut out sooner when absorbing, just wondering what you did with the one you mentioned. EcoWorthy told me 13.50V is considered fully charged and I believe it, it just means the other battery is a super star :) I'm using them in 2S for a 25.6V 150Ah system and would love to get them a little closer.
I set my charger to 13.5 volts and 4 amps let it go through a couple charge/discharge cycles.

Then I used a 1 amp 12 volt lithum charger and left it for a day at 14.4 v.

Gotcha, what voltage (per cell) are you absorbing at? I used a fast bulk charger and didn't stop soon enough and when I tried to absorb with a charger that does that properly it was a little too late. My preferred charge and absorb vpc is 3.55V. I'm early game, don't yet have solar (and in turn no solar charger), just playing around with bats for now (tho basic v0.1 solar could come at any time, will probably grab some used gear locally first just to mess around with).
Currently at 3.5V

After they are considered fully charged connect them in parallel and let them sit that way to balance.

I set my charger to 13.5 volts and 4 amps let it go through a couple charge/discharge cycles.

Then I used a 1 amp 12 volt lithum charger and left it for a day at 14.4 v.
Are these batteries with individual BMSes? My main issue is that I want to use them as a 24V battery and don't want them to be too far out of spec with eachother, not so much for absolute capacity but so that I can charge them both at once without having one get stressed more than the other as the 2S approaches 100%. I guess I'll just give up a bit of capacity, maybe do the best I can to get the "less good" one closer to the "amazing" one and then charge at something like 28.4V or lower.

After they are considered fully charged connect them in parallel and let them sit that way to balance.
Not sure if that would work, these are batteries with individual BMSes and, as one battery is just not "as good" as the other, it would be no different than charging it on absorb — the "worse" one will just disconnect quicker. I also don't plan on using them in parallel so I will do the best I can using chargers individually before I let them sit in the 2S config, and maybe check in on them every few months (individually, I mean).

I'm expecting a capacity tested sometime soon (from China) and will probably run a few more tests, including a full discharge. I need to test a smallish 1200W PSW 12V inverter as well so I'll probably charge the Tesla off them individually at 12V until each cuts out, then do a slow charge.

Last edited:
I think DC HOUSE are rebranded Eco-Worthy units and I watched a teardown on the tube of their 12v 100ah units, Build quality seemed pretty good for such a low price but if my memory serves me right it didn't shut off during 0.2C discharge at 10V but didn't go into limp mode.

There's a notable size difference between the EcoWorthy and DJLBERMPW. Are the EcoWorthy's pouch cells?
I haven't seen a teardown of the eco 24V, but weight wise they are pretty similar, 45lbs versus 47 lbs. The djlb feels lighter when carrying it though, I think due to the larger size/less density.

Back