diy solar

diy solar

Whoa - $590 for 200Ah 12v Powerurus

Tomthumb62

Solar Wizard
This is the cheapest I have seen this battery yet. Some of you know my ravings of how much I love this battery and thank @Will Prowse for his tear down video of it (well, the 100Ah version).

I paid $730 for this battery in May 2023.

Yesterday, I saw it listed on sale for $640, with an additional $20 coupon, down to $620.

Today it's just at a new low of $590. This is an incredible deal for the quality of battery you get. If you intend to push your battery hard (and thus are hard on the BMS), then get an SOK, but if you are fairly light use (it does have a 200A BMS), then you will probably never need to try to replace the BMS (it doesn't look easy according to Will's video.)

For what works out to $295 per 100Ah, I see no reason to buy one of the cheaper brands. Most of those don't have Bluetooth (essential to help restore a lifepo4 back to balance), some don't even have low-temp protection and none sell what this offers for this price.

https://powerurus.com/products/powerurus-12v-200ah-lifepo4-deep-cycle-rechargeable-battery?aff=2 (that's Will Prowse's affiliate link, FYI)

Note: apparently the deal doesn't apply to what I think is already a good deal on their 100Ah version, which currently goes for $340. If you email them for coupon they might give you one.

Edit: So I may have jumped the gun here. Apparently Black Friday now goes on for a week?? LiTime has their 200Ah (no bluetooth) on sale for $539. My vote would be the Powerurus for the Bluetooth, because your cells WILL become imblanace (or arrive that way).

Can you find a deal on a 48V?
There’s another thread on this out there. Aolithium had a good deal but it’s expired and Will Prowse doesn’t endorse their 48v model anyways. But surely there are other good deals still out there. Sorry I’m a 12v guy, lol.

Back