diy solar

diy solar

deciding between 2 panels on my first system

Kodiak1790

Good afternoon all,
I have been lurking and researching my first, semi budget solar set up. It is for a cabin in Idaho which does get snow and is fairly north. I want this system to serve as a back up to grid power, the property does have a large propane generator, but in case of any long term emergency I would like to keep the propane for cooking and hot water and not burn through it to make electricity. The main things I want it to run are the 240V 3/4HP well pump, a fridge and a few lights, maybe a TV. so I have decided to build the following system as I want it to be able to easily be expanded if needed and beginner friendly. I could use any tips on deciding between 2 panels that signature solar has in-stock, both seem decent, but will one serve my application better than the other being so far north and with possible shading?

The system will be"
01 EG4 powerpro battery
01 EG4 6000XP
and 2-3 EG4 bright mounts depending on panel size since one is 44.6"W and the max for 4 panels on the mount in 44"
and I will be ordering 10 panels of either of the following with 1-2 panels as a backup/replacment

SunPower 430W - 450W Mono Solar Panel (Silver) A-Series Solar Panel

or

Canadian Solar 400W Mono-crystalline Solar Panel (Black) | CS6R-400MS-HL

With the Canadian solar I will need a 3rd mount and run 3 panels per but with the sun power I could run 4 panels per mount and only use 2 mounts which will be easier to install and look cleaner, either setup keeps me under the max DCV input of 480.

Thank you all for any help and wish me luck!

Good afternoon all,
I have been lurking and researching my first, semi budget solar set up. It is for a cabin in Idaho which does get snow and is fairly north. I want this system to serve as a back up to grid power, the property does have a large propane generator, but in case of any long term emergency I would like to keep the propane for cooking and hot water and not burn through it to make electricity. The main things I want it to run are the 240V 3/4HP well pump, a fridge and a few lights, maybe a TV. so I have decided to build the following system as I want it to be able to easily be expanded if needed and beginner friendly. I could use any tips on deciding between 2 panels that signature solar has in-stock, both seem decent, but will one serve my application better than the other being so far north and with possible shading?

The system will be"
01 EG4 powerpro battery
01 EG4 6000XP
and 2-3 EG4 bright mounts depending on panel size since one is 44.6"W and the max for 4 panels on the mount in 44"
and I will be ordering 10 panels of either of the following with 1-2 panels as a backup/replacment

SunPower 430W - 450W Mono Solar Panel (Silver) A-Series Solar Panel

or

Canadian Solar 400W Mono-crystalline Solar Panel (Black) | CS6R-400MS-HL

With the Canadian solar I will need a 3rd mount and run 3 panels per but with the sun power I could run 4 panels per mount and only use 2 mounts which will be easier to install and look cleaner, either setup keeps me under the max DCV input of 480.

Thank you all for any help and wish me luck!
Good luck...!!!

Back