diy solar

diy solar

Deye 8kw hybrid inverter

martin valencia

Hi I'm new here I have a 8kw deye hibrid inverter in the paperwork it says 500 volts max from each string of panels then I have seen people say you can go higher any help would help

Hi I'm new here I have a 8kw deye hibrid inverter in the paperwork it says 500 volts max from each string of panels then I have seen people say you can go higher any help would help
Max is short for Maximum, not sure what the ambiguity in that word would be. What "people" are saying you can go higher? You need to stop listening to them.

Perhaps you are confusing Volts with Amps. Yes, its generally OK to over panel with regard to the PV array being capable of supplying more Amps than the MPPT controller can use (it just ignores any extra) on a sunny day because it improves the cloudy day performance. However, you can never over panel with regard to Voltage.

VOC is a hard number.
DO NOT GO OVER IT.
I would rather you give it to someone else, than to burn it up.

Perhaps you are confusing Volts with Amps. Yes, its generally OK to over panel with regard to the PV array being capable of supplying more Amps than the MPPT controller can use (it just ignores any extra) on a sunny day because it improves the cloudy day performance. However, you can never over panel with regard to Voltage.

Bentley I have to strings each panel is 230 watts there are 17 panels in a string my multi meter tells me I have 530 some times 560 volts coming off each string they are in series

Last edited:
I have 3 of the same model.
DO NOT panel for more than 400V total - that usually means 8 modern panels in series per string.
The MPPT MAX. is 425V. If you go over in cold mornings it will fry your MPPT charger.

I have 3 of the same model.
DO NOT panel for more than 400V total - that usually means 8 modern panels in series per string.
The MPPT MAX. is 425V. If you go over in cold mornings it will fry your MPPT charger.
Just asking, why do you say he should not panel more than 400V when the inverter spec says 500V VoC, any reason please?

Bentley I have to strings each panel is 230 watts there are 17 panels in a string my multi meter tells me I have 530 some times 560 volts coming off each string they are in series
That can destroy your inverter's MPPT input. Never exceed Voc. Allow a good safety buffer between a string's rated Voc and the MPPT's Voc limit. 10% normally, 20% in extra cold climates.

Back